Chapter 9 ✅

Chapter Nine- The first day of school

A very loud and annoying buzzing woke me up. Groaning, I twisted to the other side of my bed to shut it off. I opened one eye and sighed. It was already 5:30. After coming back from Easton's room, it took almost two hours for my heart to stop beating frantically. The fact that we were only walls apart, didn't help either. This... what I felt around him was just insane.

"Time to wake up." I mumbled to myself and jumped off the bed and yawned, stretching my arms over my head. I washed my face and brushed my teeth. Padding back into the room, I, groggily, scrambled into my yoga pants and sports bra topped with a sleeveless t-shirt that had long armholes. I fished out my small mp3 player from underneath the bundle of different things sitting in the dresser drawer and placed it on the black holder tied to my forearm and plugged in my headphones.

Swiftly, shoving my feet in my shoes I rushed outside only to collide with a wall. Or a person who felt like a wall.

"Ow!" I winced, stumbling back. It hurt.

I glared up at Easton to give him an earful but stopped when I followed his trail of gaze on me. He stood only a few inches apart, his strong scent filling my lungs, his hair slightly wet and flopped back over the top. He stood shell-shocked in front of me, his eyes stuck to my left arm.

He was in his running gears and I rolled my eyes. I thought I told him to take a week or two off of moving much.

But you know what? I wasn't really astounded that he didn't listen to me. His face was the only thing that didn't get hit. His arm was still bandaged and I didn't know if the bruise on the side of his stomach was getting better or worse.

And neither was I going to ask. Knowing he'd never tell me.

So I tried to play cool to see where things would go from here between us. I smirked at him, crossing my arms over my chest, "You didn't see this either." Then I turned around and rushed downstairs.

My heart had initiated thumping its new usual thousand miles per hour beat around him. I felt his presence hovering behind me when I opened the fridge and grabbed the Gatorade.

"Can you pass me one too?" Ignoring the heat which seeped into my bones through his skin almost touching mine, I rolled my eyes and passed mine to him while I grabbed another for myself.

I turned around uncapping my bottle when my eyes stuck to his lips surrounding the neck of the plastic bottle, his Adam apple bobbing up and down with each sip. My stomach somersaulted and dropped to my ankles. Heat pooled in my checks and I licked my lips. The plastic bottle squeezed in his hand and when he got rid of it, he glanced at me, knowingly. He smirked, pressing his fingers to his chin as if asking me to shut my mouth.

Oh...please!

Fuming, I twirled around and ran out, embarrassed by what I just did. Shitshitshitshit!

I opened the front door and abruptly halted to catch my breath. Suddenly, I was falling face first because a stupid person unexpectedly crashed into my back, but then an arm came around my waist pulling me back and saving me a mortifying fall.

"Are you okay?" His lips almost brushed my ears, as he asked.

My heart officially stopped and I licked my suddenly dry lips.

I managed a nod and he let go of me.

Stepping beside me, he smirked glancing at me "Shouldn't have stopped mid-step," Then his gaze fell on my arm again. "Why a Dragon?"

"Why an arrogant jerk of an asshole?" I pointed to his face. He laughed at my comeback. Winking at me, he whispered before disappearing down the street, "See you later Dragon!"