Chapter 5 ✅

Chapter Five: Freaking fantastic

Cassandra

The blinding sunlight peeked into my room caressing my skin and my entire body shivered in the pleasure of getting sleep in such a warm and cozy bed.

The birds chirped in the balcony of my room and trust me it was the most amazing sound I'd ever woken up to. The house back in Charleston was like a matchbox in front of this. No sunlight used to enter my room-- which I used to share with Tabby. All I ever heard day and night was honking of cars and yelling of my neighbors. But, this was amazing. This was peaceful.

The feeling was euphoric and I instantly felt awful because maybe-- just maybe-- I wanted to get used to this.

I climbed off the bed and padded towards the french doors, which I had slid open at the night for fresh air. It was warm and cold at the same time. Maybe more towards cold because a shiver ran down my spine and I wiggled my toe fingers. I was barefoot, feeling the cold marble floor underneath my feet.

A smile reached my lips, as I stretched my relaxed muscles. I'd slept like a baby. The best sleep ever.

Leaning against the railing, I glanced down at the small shed and then further into the woods. The sun touched at the top of the tall trees, rays bouncing off in a scattered manner, making my breath hitch, and presenting a mesmerizing view one which I knew my mom would have loved to paint in a heartbeat.

I couldn't draw or paint like her but I could capture it my way. I rushed inside to my bed and grabbed my phone to click a couple of shots from different angles. Satisfied, I breathed in some fresh air and then grabbed my luggage from under the bed and pulled it up, quickly zipping it open.

It was 10:30-- not too early and not too late for Saturday morning. But, I missed getting up early for runs.

I missed running.

Maybe I could start it again from Monday or something. Maybe.

I started to neatly organize my closet, it was a small walk-in one and I was mortified to realize that not even one shelf was completely filled with my clothes.

I picked a blue t-shirt with Superman print on the front and grinned at it. I loved it the moment I spotted it in Target. I had to buy it. It was loose like I liked-- not figure-hugging but a cropped version like if I had to raise my arms up it would ride up revealing my bellybutton.

And I didn't like it-- the bellybutton. But, I kept it because it was the reminder of the phase I had gone through. A phase I would never like to get back to.

Shutting my mind off, I grabbed my black sweat pants and undergarments, walking into the lavish bathroom which was attached to my room-- probably like every other room in this mansion. I took the longest shower of my life and lathered my hair with expensive-looking, fancy brand hair products. They smelled so good.

Once I was done drying myself and my hair, I scrambled into my clothes and walked out of the room. I shut my door just as another door-- only couple of steps ahead of me-- opened and shut.

I stopped, my brows knitting in confusion. I didn't know this room was occupied.

And then I had to make the mistake of turning back. I wish I hadn't. I so so wish I hadn't.

I swallowed the rock which formed in the back of my throat, making my mouth dry. It was the same brunette who I saw last night with my brother when I mistakenly walked in his room, and later in Easton's arms curled up.

I didn't know what to think of all this so I just stayed glued to my spot.

She zombie walked towards me with her eyes partially closed.