Chapter 19 ✅

Chapter Nineteen-Stalking

He's a mystery to me. I had no clue why I felt what I felt for him. Because clearly, he's the biggest jerk I know. He's an arrogant and full of pride asshole. He had temper issues. And he'd pretty much gotten himself in fights for different reasons like zillion times in the last month since I'd been here.

And still, I was curious about him, piqued even. I liked the other side of him. The side which I realized we both shared. The love for cars. The rush and control and power while we raced. I'd never seen him happier than I did when he was behind the wheels. His whole stance was different. He was relaxed. His guard was down. I didn't know why he kept it up, though.

Who did he had to defend himself from?

And most importantly I couldn't stop thinking that we shared a piece of ourselves with each other last night.

I should probably sleep, it was ten thirty and I had school next morning, but sleep felt like the last thing I wanted to do.

So I grabbed the laptop I had borrowed from Alden for couple of days to do my assignments and turned it on.

I didn't know what I was doing but, the rush of discovering him maybe just a little had me captivated.

Considering my social life after I turned eleven and when mom died, ended-- if you even consider an eleven year old had a social life. I had rough couple of months after that where Dad and Alden drifted into their own grieving worlds, leaving me to take care of a ten year old and a six year old. I hardly went to school while I worked illegally in a departmental store.

Well someone had to.

Dad lost his job because of too many absence. Alden went into wrong stuff, dark stuff.

Everything only went downhill from that.

Then we got into system because dad was sent to rehab and we didn't have another living elder relative to take us in.

And foster home for me didn't turn out so well. Good thing dad came back to sanity and we all were able to move back in our home. But, that house held too much of mom-- actually everything, it even smelled like her at times. Her paintings lined the walls, some even hung on bathroom walls. Mom was an amazing artist and it wasn't a secret. She was literally famous.

So, we all sold the house and moved away. It worked out well for half a year or so, until the money we got from selling the house started to finish. Dad struggled to get a job and none of us were eligible for it legally. Which made us move too many times to ever get attached to anyone or anything.

Finally dad got a job in great IT company and we stayed in Minnesota for more than a year until the company was declared bankrupt and dad lost the job again.

Life wasn't a flowery path for us but, we managed to walk through the needles by sticking together.

I missed dad. I so damn wanted to hear his voice. But, I knew he would call when he could. So I tried to be patient.

I grabbed the pack of Cheetos and munched on some while I made an account on Instagram. Putting a picture of peaches on my DP, I added my current favorite things to the description slot, and then searched the name my fingers had been aching to type.

His picture was a huge giveaway and I clicked on his profile.

What was I doing?

Was this even legit?

Ugh!

I scrolled through the images, what he'd been doing, eating and some posts were about the songs he liked. He was tagged in random pictures.