Chapter 4 ✅

Chapter 4- Jeanette

Easton

"Babe, where were you?" I yelled over the music the moment I stepped out in the living room and watched Jeanette slowly and carefully descend the stairs with those insanely high heels. I rushed over to her and noticed her faded lipstick and messy hair.

Her eyes went wide and her hand shot up to settle those crazy wavy locks I'd run my fingers through enough times to know how silky smooth they felt.

"I-I...uh" She stammered but it wasn't like I cared how she looked. She still was beautiful and adorable to me. So I shrugged, but waited for her to speak. "was doing my makeup bhut had a tiny bit to drink," she hiccuped, "sooo I guess I messed up!" Her eyes became teary and I pulled her close to me, feeling her vulnerability. "You feel like you don't love me anymore?" She whispered against my chest, sighing.

I sucked in a breath, smelling alcohol on her. It definitely wasn't tiny bit.

I smiled and pulled her away so I could gaze in her beautiful brown-grey eyes. How was I supposed to assure her that her looks were not the reason I loved her?

I grabbed her by the waist, kissing her forehead. She blinked a couple of times as if she couldn't believe what I just did and beamed at me. But it never reached her eyes. They were sad.

I brushed the loose lock behind her ear and asked, "You had another one of those fights?"

She looked away, tears streaming down her cheeks along with some black shit.

I shoved the couple making out on the couch and grabbed some tissues, wiping her tears. I knew she needed time to think through her thoughts. She always did when she was this drunk, which wasn't a common sight.

She hiccuped again and leaned against me, curling like a fragile ball in my arms. My heart started to throb in my chest. I loved this girl and I couldn't watch her like this.

I wrapped my arms around her, letting her breathe. "Do you want to talk about it?"

She shook her head but then said, "I'm a selfish bitch, East."

I shook my head and cupped her face to make her look in my eyes when I said, "You're the most not selfish girl I've ever met. You're also just a teen who likes to be with her boyfriend and attend his parties. It's not selfish. If anything, you're the opposite." And it's true. I'd seen her spend her weekends baby sitting her brother without any complains, and even sometimes she missed school to do so.

Her lips stretched into a tiny bit of smile and this time it reached her beautiful eyes. "Okay." She clutched her stomach. "I'm starving. Do you have Pizza?"

I chuckled, kissing her temple.

"Did you eat anything since lunch?" I was a douche not an asshole. And once I claimed someone mine, I took care of them.

She giggled against me and shook her head.

I smiled and placed one arm beneath her knees and the other on her back. She locked her arms around my neck and I pulled her up in my arms. I glanced ahead as if sensing something and my eyes met the crazy black eyes I'd ever seen on any girl in my life and the same anger pulsated back in my veins.

They had invaded my house. And I wanted them gone. No matter what. This was my house-- my home-- not a charity place for my dad and his political games.

I walked away to the pool-- without a glance back at her.

Jeanette mumbled something against my t-shirt and I laughed, not knowing what it even was. I met Jeanette when I was going through a phase that was the darkest of my life. She helped me see better through things and kept me going. It'd been almost two years since we were together. We had our good share of ups and downs in our relationship but we always found our way back to each other every time.

Jeanette was the only one who made me feel as if I belonged somewhere. She made me not go insane or kill myself with all the shit I used to put myself into. She held my hand all through it, guiding me, no matter how much she had to bare with my cruelty. She never gave up on me and that's why I would never give up on her.

I placed three slices of pizza and some chips for her on the plate and grabbed some water all the while keeping her close to me.

Our friends around the pool joked, laughed, and talked. Some splashing water out on us.

A blonde girl-- I now understood was another sister of that jerk of a brother-- laughed at whatever Arnold whispered in her ear.

She appeared to be nothing like the girl I met in the kitchen-- stuffing her mouth while tunelessly signing along with her eyes closed. Unaware of her surroundings, which on her part was a really bad move. What if a perv had found her? Or a crazy stoner?

Shaking my head for even caring what could've happened to her, I cursed myself.

Something tugged at my heart and I knew I shouldn't have called her a druggie. Neither were her eyelids hooded nor did she had red grazing her lower lashes. In fact, she had the most unlikely long and crazily curled lashes I'd ever seen. I could tell they were natural.

She didn't wear a drop of makeup, letting all her freckles over her nose breathe. Her curly honey blonde hair were messily made in a bun, as if she didn't care to comb them before coming downstairs. Maybe she really didn't. And that little mole in the center of her chin...

But the girl I was staring at had left loose her wavy golden hair-- which now were half wet. She was dressed in a plain floral printed bikini, oozing confidence, and I could tell that she was the one advancing on Arnold. She's a complete opposite of her sister, who got tongue tied and cowered in front of me.

"Baby, I want to go to sleep. Can I stay here tonight?" I snapped my eyes back to Jeanette who was undoing and then re-doing my jeans button.

I laughed at her silliness. "Let's go to bed then."

I grabbed her back in my arms and stood up. "Party over guys! Thank you for coming." I yelled.

Everyone groaned and whined but started to dress up and head out. My best friend, Elliot had to kick few butts but other than that everyone headed outside willingly.

I nodded at Elliot in appreciation. He and couple of my other friends were always welcomed to stay for the night. So, all of them started to get back in with me while the dark eyed girl's sister stayed back with Arnold.

"Uh," I turned around, as all my friends stopped chattering and gave their undivided attention to me, "We have some not so invited guests for some time-- which won't be long-- but for now the two rooms on the first floor at the right and the other two on the second at left are taken. So, they are not off limits. Feel free to occupy them if you need!"

All of them nodded and laughed while Elliot eyed me before shaking his head and heading upstairs.

I headed towards my own on the second. And it dawned on me how close my room was to one of those siblings. An invader.

I glanced at the locked door. Was it the brother?

God no! It wouldn't be good for either of us.

Maybe one of the sisters?

Why would I want to know? It didn't matter. I would make sure they are out of my house before the month ends.

I slammed my door shut behind me and Jeanette groaned against me. "Sorry, babe."

Gently, I laid her on the bed and took off her heels. I tucked her in and smiled down at her. She was undoubtedly beautiful. Even with the smeared makeup.

I kissed her cheek and then her forehead. Removing my t-shirt, I changed my jeans for some loose pants before crawling beside her and wrapping my arms around her, as I fell asleep hearing her steady breaths.

_________

WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK? LIKE IT SO FAR?!!

STAY TUNED WITH IT AND I SWEAR YOU'LL SCREAM FOR MORE.

THANK YOU SO MUCH:)

VOTE/COMMENT/SHARE/LOVE

~D <3