Chapter 26 ✅

Chapter Twenty Six- I was wrong

Easton

I limped up to the cliff and sat down towards the edge, letting my legs dangle down, taking a long drag of my cigarette.

It's dark and probably after eleven. I couldn't go back to Jeanette's and I didn't feel like going home. So I went where I could be myself and just let all the anger out without hurting anyone. I took it all out on the two best drivers they had for tonight by winning.

I let the light grey cloud form and watched it disappear.

What I did was stupid! I had never forced Jeanette to do anything she didn't want to. And today... my head was messed up and made me believe stupid things.

How could I?

Thousands of times I'd tried to call her but I couldn't. What was I supposed to say?

I ran a hand through my hair and leaned back, putting my hands at my side.

The water down there was pitch black and if you wouldn't look, it would feel as it's a huge and wide and giant and endless hole of nothingness. Hence, what illusions were.

I was so in my own world that I didn't even hear the loud footsteps until they were right behind me.

Startled, I turned my head and saw Elliot making his way to me.

He glanced at me and then mirrored my position. "What are you doing here?"

I asked, raising a brow at him and taking another drag. Just as I pulled it away from my lips, he took it and put it on his lips, sucking on it only to cough it all out.

I laughed and grabbed it from him. "It's a deep shit. You shouldn't do it."

He coughed some more, letting the smoke completely out of his system and shook his head at me. "That's most disgusting I've ever tried! Why do you even do it?"

I shrugged, "It takes my mind off of things."

He was silent for a minute or so, as I gazed around feeling the night cold blanketing around us.

"I heard what happened." It wasn't a question so I kept quiet.

"You should call her..."

"And say what?"

"That you're sorry man! What you did--"

"I know." I cut in and threw the cigarette away and washed it get swallow by the darkness down there.

"And you shouldn't be here. It's really creepy here."

A humorless chuckle escaped me and I sighed. "I didn't call you today or ever. You were the one who in ninth grade stalked me."

He laughed throwing his head back and messing up his long hair.

"I remember that. You were hiding something from me and I wanted to know what upset you."

I smiled. Elliot had always been my best friend and he was the only pain in the ass who always got things out of me.

"What happened to Cass?"

My stupid heart skipped a stupid beat and I glanced at him. "What do you mean?"

"I went to your place and Tabby was going crazy about what to do when someone have a massive headache. So I told her about your Nanna's magical herbal tea. I think Cass was hungover. Her eyes were red and her clothes reeked of alcohol. But, she denied drinking."