Chapter 15 ✅

Chapter Fifteen- Fairytale to tell to their future children

I had a talk with Hannah-- more like she lectured me to start taking this seriously and being more responsible towards it and then she felt bad for what happened to me at school. I was exhausted with all the pitying, I didn't need it.

She gave me two weeks off so I could properly heal and made me beg Tabby to go in my place with her. And the price for that was... that I would have to do her laundry for three weeks. How convenient!

Considering Tabby wasn't big on cleaning even after her, leave alone anyone else, I had scored a million dollars deal by getting her to go.

The music was blasting from downstairs. I could feel the thump and vibration in the glass of my sliding doors, under my feet, in my heart.

I bent over the railing of the small balcony and didn't know why but kept gazing at that mysterious shed down there. Linda had told that it was off limits. That it was Easton's and he hadn't went there in years. She didn't tell me why he didn't go there in years or what stood beyond that door. The white paint was fading from one side of the shed, withering away. It was old, I could tell that.

Heaving a fresh air into my lungs, I felt the need to rush down there and see for myself.

But, I guess Easton and me had enough of fighting and yelling and ignoring for this week.

I hadn't seen him since Tuesday evening when he barged in looking like a mess.

His Friday parties were really popular in this side of the town but, I've heard that it only happened when his dad weren't around.

Was Mr. Brinkley a nice person? Bad? Scary? Friendly?

I had no idea.

I grabbed the bottle of water from my bedside table and realized my phone had been buzzing.

I picked it up, plopping down on the bed and scrolling through as I noticed five new texts. Four from Jeanette and one from Elliot.

All asking where I was and why wasn't I downstairs. I didn't have anymore desire for Easton's parties.

Before I could text back, the door to my room flung open and I didn't know why but I expected Easton to jump at me, yelling for what I did wrong again.

But, it was only Jeanette. A very smiling and happy Jeanette.

Whatever was going wrong in her life seemed like it was getting back on the happy track. I liked her like this. Quiet Jeanette didn't suit her. Was it Easton? Did he solve her problem and brought her back to life?

Probably.

Easton with Jeanette was way different than the Easton with me.

She hugged me giggling and I knew she already had couple of drinks.

"What are you doing here? Come downstairs with me? We are all having so much fun... come!" She started to drag me and I laughed, stopping her failing attempts.

"I can't." I told, sitting back down on the bed.

"I have so much work to do. Classwork, homework, and other things too. Taking a week off wasn't as much fun as I thought it would be." She chuckled and nodded. "You go and enjoy yourself."

She pouted at me and I smiled. "I'm serious. I think I'll sit this one down."

"But, you'll come to next, right? It will be Easton's last party for the summer. Then his dad will return and he will--"