Chapter 27 ✅

Chapter Twenty seven- Shakespeare

Cassandra

Even in my light sleep, I felt sun on me. Warm and caressing. I stifled a yawn and tried to turn away from the sun but something held onto me. An eye watering yawn escaped me through my grogginess and I stretched my arms above my head.

I felt the heaviness on my stomach. Groaning, I opened one eye and looked down at my torso.

An arm?

An arm!

I trailed my eyes up the arm and saw Easton soundly sleeping on his stomach. His face turned towards me and his arm draped over my stomach.

My heart took a high notch, thudding wildly.

What was I--

The talk.

I told him about dad and he told me about his mom and that he had misunderstood us as one his father's project. And then we kind of drifted into silence and fell asleep?

My heart consistently knocked against my chest and begged me to let it out so it could meet his. Look away and go! My head yelled at me.

And leave this full on amazing opportunity to ogle at him that too from this close? My heart countered.

I licked my lips and let my gaze wander over him, whole of him. To his messy dark hair, beautiful thick lashes, and the cut on his nose. Alden had told me what happened.

I forgot to ask him about that last night. Who knew if he ever would be back in the mood to open up to me.

I wanted to trace my fingers along his brows, cheekbones, sharp jawline, pale pink lips, that tiny mole on the side, and just memorize over again and again.

The sun was shining through his french doors, shadowing his dark features.

Damn! I had really fallen for him, hadn't I?

And from last night, it was clear he wanted Jeanette and loved her. Maybe I was one of those rocks relationships stumble upon to have a test.

And he passed it. Whatever he felt for me wasn't strong enough and... it hurt.

Because I wanted to be more than a test in their relationship thrown in by the universe.

Why did universe hate me so much?

I sighed and gazed around the mess he loved living in. His walls looked like it had things hung on it but, gotten removed at some time. His study table, dresser were messed up and piled with probably junk.

Their was a photo of him and Jeanette on my side of the bedside table. I grabbed it and looked at it, feeling fire in my chest.

Jeanette had her arms around him and his were wrapped around her waist. Their bodies touching. They were at a beach and she looked beautiful in a blue polka dot bikini while Easton was in white button down shirt and grey beach shorts.

They looked beautiful and happy together.

Tears stung at the back of my eyes and I carefully pulled his arm away, setting it down in front of him. I slipped off the bed and wore my flip flops, rushing out the door.

And then stopped short in my tracks when I saw Jeanette. My heart leaped in my throat.

Her eyes glanced at the door I had emerged from and then trailed over me from head to toe. Thank god I was wearing my full sleeves hoodie and grey pajamas. I made my hair in a bun and walked over to her with half smile-- as if I hadn't just walked out of her boyfriend's bedroom.