Chapter 3 ✅

Chapter 3- Party Crasher

I was shaken awake-- now almost twice in a day-- from my peaceful sleep. But this time it wasn't Tabby or any of my siblings.

I groaned snatching a pillow from the other side of this queen size bed and plopped it over my face, snugly, covering my ear with it. But the deafening music didn't dull for even a second.

I growled, feeling all kinds of annoyed. I knew I probably didn't have the right to but whatever... my head was hammering because of it.

I didn't sleep last night because I was too sappy and too nervous to fall asleep. Saying goodbye to dad was the hardest thing ever and it kept me awake.

Twisting and turning around the bed didn't help either.

So, I sat upright and stretched my slightly sore muscles. Guess, no more sleep for me.

Alden could easily sleep through this, I knew this because I'd tried drumming near him and he didn't even steer for a second. Well, he could sleep through almost everything. How he did that was beyond my understanding. I wasn't a light sleeper but I also wasn't as deep sleeper as Alden too.

I climbed off the bed and shoved my bare feet in my blue slip-ons. I ran my fingers through my hair and made a bun on top of my head, while small strands easily escaped and hung low at either side of my face.

My stomach grumbled loudly and I knew I'd have to make a journey downstairs for the kitchen.

I walked out and it took me a minute to reach Tabby's. I knocked and walked in but she wasn't there.

The music changed to some random beat. I could feel the crazy thumping beneath my feet and honestly, it would be pretty awesome if you'd listen to it while driving ninety miles or more on a highway.

Shaking my head out of that exhilarating thought, I rushed downstairs to Jamey's room and found him soundly sleeping while lightly snoring. Well, I didn't know he could too sleep through a music this loud.

I kissed his forehead, swiping at his slightly rough curls on his forehead. He was only seven when mom died, we all had our share of memories with her but not him.

I took a deep breath and stared down at the photo of all of us. Mom was grinning from ear to ear while we all were wrapped around her, limbs overlapping, and laughing at the camera. Tears tickled at the back of my eyes but I held them inside.

I wasn't going to cry, I hadn't cried since I had to become strong for everyone.

Softly, I shut the door and walked to the other way to see if Alden wanted any food. With all the sounds that were coming from downstairs, I knew a party was happening there. And I didn't want to go down alone.

Without knocking, knowing too well he'd be asleep, I walked in and gasped out loud. My hand flying to my mouth.

"Oh my god! I'm so sorry." I retreated my steps and shut the door, cringing at what I just saw.

Ew!

Groaning.

My brother hooking up with a brunette wasn't what my hungry stomach needed to see. A gorgeous brunette I might add. Like just came out fresh from a magazine gorgeous.

"Sorry!" I mumbled, knowing there was no way they could've heard me, and rushed downstairs.

Seemed like I had to man-- woman up and do this myself.