Chapter 29

Chapter Twenty Nine- Horrifyingly dramatic

After I won 7 times to his five times, we called it a night. It was dark outside but, it was only six thirty. It got really chilly inside the cabin probably because it was surrounded by woods and was in the middle of nowhere, so he had gotten us a blanket and had made some hot chocolate too.

I gulped down the last sip and sat the mug down. There was a coffee colored four drawer dresser, a bedside table and a 45 inch TV. Easton walked inside the room, stretching his muscles. "We should go now." His shirt rode up and I just dumbly stared at exposed skin.

Quickly snapping out of it, I nodded and shuffled out, wearing my flip flops-- which I was dying to replace with my warm boots.

Easton had gotten like ten calls in between the game and every time he had walked out the door to talk.

I didn't mean to be rude or nosy when I said, "I know we're not friends or actually I don't know what we are but, you can talk to Jeanette without leaving room every single time."

His eyes snapped to mine and he just stared. Probably trying to sort out words to speak. He ran a hand through his hair and sighed. "It wasn't her."

I furrowed my brows and he just strode in and grabbed my hand. "We need to go."

And now he was too eager to get rid of me? Did Jeanette gave him a hard time for bringing me to their special place?

Probably.

I felt awful for any argument that would have happened between the two because of me.

I kept quiet the whole time we drove back home. I sighed relieved that we were at the house and hoped off without giving him a chance to tilt the bike.

I removed the helmet and shoved it at him. He opened his mouth to say something but I was done listening-- too angry at myself.

I didn't care it was me being a child and throwing unnecessary angry tantrums.

A hand grabbed my arm before I even reached the door and he twirled me around.

I couldn't look in his eyes. His hold loosened on me, giving me a chance to walk away.

He cupped my chin and forced me to look up in his beautiful eyes. He smirked. "Don't overthink. It wasn't Jeanette and I have a reason for hurrying. Just come, okay?" He grabbed my hand and we pushed past the doors, kicking them shut behind us.

"What's with the darkness today?" I asked, glancing around. I couldn't even see my own hands.

"You know where the switch is." And then he let go.

"Easton? Easton!"

Ugh!

I hate him.

I walked to where I surely knew were the switches and, "SUPRISE!!!!" I jerked back the wall, wincing a little. Second time today. My heart thrashed in my chest.

It took me couple of seconds to adjust to the lights. And my eyes bugged out of my sockets when I saw huge-- like massive number of people in the living room staring at me.

My brothers and sister, along with Elliot and Jeanette were standing up front, beaming.

I brought my hands to my mouth, my eyes instantly glistening.

They remembered?

They... did this... for me?

I stepped forward and rushed towards them while everyone laughed and cheered. We all hugged and I felt someone might have cracked my bones-- and that would be Alden or Elliot. Whoever hugged me tighter.