Chapter 23 ✅

Chapter Twenty Three- Hurt like hell

The credits rolled of our second movie and Tabby yawned loudly. I moved my neck around to make sure it wasn't stiff or anything. Sitting on the couch for more than three hours do that to you.

I draped an arm around her. "It's late you should get some sleep. It's a school night."

Sh sheepishly smiled and pouted, "Can I pretty please take a leave tomorrow?"

"No!" Her shoulders sagged but then she lightened up.

"Will you go shopping with me this week?"

I smiled and nodded. That got her up and running for her room.

Easton had went outside after he'd gotten a call which had put a dark shadow on his face.

I took a deep breath and moved the muscles in my back by rolling my shoulders and accidentally hurt the muscle which hurt on my back. I still had to apply ointment to it. Maybe I can go and ask Tabby to do that.

I straightened up, stretching my back and damn, did it hurt?!

I tried to reach that spot on my back to touch and feel to know how bad it had hurt, if it was serious or just something which would heal in couple of days. But it was just an inch or two up from my my bra strap and I almost cried out in pain when my finger touched the spot.

Exhaling in a deep breath through my mouth, I jerked back when I heard his voice, "What's wrong? Did he hurt you earlier?"

He didn't even give me a chance to explain when he rushed to my side and stared at my back as if my t-shirt was a see-through and he could see inside.

I bit the inside of my cheek when his finger touched my lower back. His eyes locked with mine while he trailed his fingers around-- probably in search of the very spot.

And he did.

I jerked back, looking around. "I...I" What was I supposed to say.

He leaned forward and grabbed my hand. Without giving me a chance he strolled upstairs with me on his heels. Opening the door to his room, he ushered me in and shut it.

I looked around, amazed and surprised at how clean his room was since my last visit. Which was weeks ago when I had barged in to bandage him.

Ironic! Wasn't it?

This time I was here, wounded.

He let go of my hand and walked into his walk-in-closet. He threw out couple of things, scattering them on the floor until he found what he was looking for. Boys!

"Here," His eyes danced around my face, pain itched in his dark features. My heart was officially giving up on me, leaving me breathless when I grabbed the shirt he just handed to me.

I knitted my brows together and he gestured towards the bathroom. "You can change there. That way you won't have to take your t-shirt."

I was still unsure of this, of me wearing one of his shirts.

But, I knew with that stare of his that he wasn't giving me a choice.

I licked my lip, capturing it in my mouth as I pondered over it. Couldn't I just for once, let my heart have a little of this? Just a little?

I walked in his bathroom. Took off my t-shirt and gazed in the wide mirror attached to the wall. I gasped at the red and purple ball forming on my back. When I dropped one of the straps of my bra off my shoulder, I sighed. It was digging in the bruise, making it worse.