Lost

Anger consumed every fiber of his being. The meeting with Snoke and General Hux had not gone well. The Supreme Leader had added insult to injury. Kylo Ren held his mask in front of him. Contemplating the design he hid behind for so long. With all of his rage he slammed the helmet into the elevator wall shattering the glass casing and cracking the mask.

Ren would not let weakness define him anymore. He would not hide behind a mask or aspire to be like Darth Vader any longer. He would cultivate his own reputation and become his own person. Master of his own story.

Glaring at the mask, his breathing heavy, he thrusted it into the wall again and again and again. Rage fueling the outburst. Shattering the inside of the elevator and the helmet into mere pieces.

The door opened revealing two officers who immediately stood at attention upon seeing Kylo Ren and the destruction around him.

"Prepare my ship!" He growled before storming off to the hanger.

————————————————————————

The Resistance was failing, with the number of ships that were left Kylo estimated they had maybe four hundred left. That wasn't enough to take down the First Order. He focused on the main vessel. The Tie fighters behind him stayed in formation covering his back. Not that he needed it.

Moving in closer he saw a chance to deal damage to their hanger. With a few well aimed shots he could easily take out all of their X Wings. Taking the opening he spun avoiding incoming fire and steadied his fighter. Engaging his missiles he took the shot, flying out of the way before the hanger erupted into flames. Decimating what little of their fleet that had left.

That would keep them from fighting back. Speeding up he passed the window to their command center, circling back around he aimed his missiles once again.

Then.

Stopped.

Everything stood still. Something pulled at him again. This time it was different it was...

His mother. Leia. She was in that center of the ship and something reached out and connected them. Kylo's breathing slowed his thumb over the trigger that would end this. End the Resistance. End the fighting. End his mother.

His mother.

Ben swallowed hard as the memories flooded back. He didn't want to end her. He couldn't.
Relaxing his hand his thumb slipped off the button. Still connected to Leia he slowed his fighter and waited. What was it he sensed?

What was that feeling?

Suddenly he snapped out of the connection as two Tie Fighters swooped in and toon their shot. Eliminating all of the Resistance's leadership. Including his mother. Their connection severed never to reconnect.

Hux came through the intercom recalling all fighters including Ren.

Kylo let out a short infuriated yell and turned back. His blood boiling. She was not theirs to take, nor did he want to end her life. Now she was lost just as he was.