Ash & Smoke

Ash. The ancient Jedi library was a mere pile of ash and charred wood. She did not understand why would Master Luke do this? Rey closed her eyes thinking, searching, letting her mind wander. Light and dark swirled through her minds eye. She could feel both sides of the island, of the force, pulling at her.

Then there was Ben, she sensed him, felt his emotions. Conflict between the dark and the light, turmoil billowing within him, grief, loneliness it was all there. Except stronger now that he was on the same planet, on the same island.

Their bond had changed her in ways she could not explain. She felt every emotion he had but it was more than that she reacted to them. She had become more impulsive more reckless. She should not have gone to him in the first place on the supremacy, it had backfired on her, maybe if she had waited had given him more time he would have turned.

But she had not waited. She was tired of waiting.

Then again yesterday she had ran after him when she knew he was in trouble. If she had just left him...

Rey clenched her fists. No. It did not matter if she had not gone to him. They were still connected and they had bigger problems now besides their own conflict with each other.

I need help.

——><—— ——><—— ——><—— ——><——

Darkness engulfed him. There was nothing and yet everything around him. He sensed it. He felt...all of it. The weight so unbearable he fell to his knees. Unfamiliar voices clouded his head swirling in an almost indistinguishable chorus.

"It's over." Suddenly dark fiery imagery encompassed him that if an volcanic planet.
"I have the high ground."
An angry growl  came from somewhere behind him but he could only make out dark figures where ever he turned.
"You underestimate my power!"
"Don't try it."
Suddenly searing pain and the smell of burning flesh hit him hard knocking the wind
out of his lungs. Kylo covered his ears trying to block out the screaming voices but they seemed to get through no matter what he did.
"I hate you!"
"You were my brother Anakin! I loved you!"
Anger. Hate. Sorrow. Pain. Conflict.

"I'm not the Jedi I should be."

Silence took over giving him a moment of peace. Opening his eyes he uncovered his ears and stood slowly, hands shaking in shock. The place was still undefined but something was familiar. Then a figure slowly approached light following her. Her. Rey. Kylo found himself drawn to her and a smile escaped his lips. He met her half way.

Before he could say anything everything went dark and Rey laid at his feet blood pooling around him. His surroundings stained with red blood.

"Make it stop!" He screamed pain filling ever fiber of his being burning him from the inside out. "I want to be free of it. All of it."

Kylo jumped wide awake heart pounding. His whole body shook, trembling. He had fallen asleep in the stone bed. The Sith kyber crystal was still in his hand. What had he seen? Who belonged to those voices? He wiped his face with his free hand and began to calm himself. Slowing his heart and breathing down.

Her blood...it's all on my hands.

He looked down at his black gloved hands a sinking pit formed in his stomach. Before he could think of anything else he jumped to his feet and called to a lightsaber that was light years away as a transparent being began to form in front of him.