Monster

Kylo Ren looked through the glass observation window, not actually paying attention to the goings on of the personnel. This was one of the best places to have uninterrupted silence. People rarely came up here and so he visited it frequently. The stronger connection with Rey had given him new reasons to visit.

Before he had seen Rey on Takodana, before he had heard of this scavenger he had been plagued with visions in the night. Water. An island. Emptiness. A blurred image of a girl. Screams. It plagued him in the evenings leading up to their meeting.

A girl had helped the droid escape with the information leading to Luke Skywalker. A girl was seen on the Falcon. A girl was running away on Takodana...

And when he laid eyes on her. She wasn't just any girl she was THE girl. The one that plagued his mind for so long. He knew from the moment he saw her that it was her and that something was different...special about her. Something had already connected them. When he had questioned her that same something compelled him to loosen the restraints, to remove his mask, to search her mind for more than the map.

This Scavenger had had similar visions during her restless nights. An ocean. Feelings of emptiness and abandonment. Fear. And...an Island? No the same island he had also seen. When she had pushed back his defenses crumbled and he had shoved her out before she could get any deeper.

Perhaps this strong force bond they had was born that day. But why? Why was this happening. Would it happen again? Does Snoke sense it too?

That last thought unsettled Ren greatly. He had not reported this new experience to the Supreme Leader. No one knew about them. Just Rey.

He closed his eyes to clear his mind of the uncomfortable reeling thoughts that clouded it. Listening to the muffled mechanical noises from the workforce below him. Ren let his mind drift and found himself imagining an ocean, waves crashing on the shore of his isolated island. A force from within pulled at him yet again. The waves rolled and crashed this time louder than before. Was he actually hearing them? Kylo turned slowly catching Rey out of the corner of his eye.

Silence.

She seemed baffled to see him again, but this time the confusion was short lived as loathing took over. Kylo didn't look at her with anything but a studying gaze. He didn't need to intimidate her.

"Why is the force connecting us?" Ren kept his voice calm hoping to gain a conversation from her instead of hateful retorts. He looked her over. She was soaking wet. "You and I."

"Murderous snake!" Rey seethed eyes glaring.

Here we go again...

Apparently, she was incapable of trying to figure out what what happening and was only focused on screaming insults at him.

"You're too late. You lost. I found Skywalker."

"Did he tell you what happened?" Ren spoke in his normal voice now, a voice not many heard. He knew Luke wouldn't dare tell the Scavenger what actually transpired that night. "The night I destroyed the temple. Did he tell you why?"

"I know everything I need to know about you!"

He was tempted to roll his eyes, but she would find out soon enough what really transpired that night. Women always found out the truth.

"You do?" Ren questioned her softly then let out a low muttered sigh, "You do. You have that look in your eyes. From the forest. When you called me a monster."

At this Rey cut him a look that could certainly kill anyone between them. With a growl she snapped back with certainty. "You are a monster!"

Kylo Ren closes the imagined gap between him and her projection and looked down at her. Emotion swirling within him. That he already knew. He had done many an unforgivable act. One of which she had witnessed. But she still did not know everything about him. She chose to blind herself to it.

"Yes I am."