Snoke

Tie fighters surrounded the tiny escape pod and escorted it into the hanger where he waited. Kylo Ren has been waiting for this moment since earlier that night. He had sensed her once the falcon appeared from lightspeed and left her at their mercy. No mercy. He knew that Snoke would have no mercy. Nothing Ren could say would spare her. The Supreme Leader did not want another apprentice, that would be one too many. She was doomed.

Her breathing was heavy and her heart raced. He felt her and she him. Ren stared at her as the capsule opened. This was the first time since Starkiller base that they were in the same place at the same time.

Ren could not show emotion in front of the Stormtroopers. He wanted to undo all of this. Whatever this was. Why did she have to think he was redeemable or even worth redemption? If she only thought he was a monster still she would not be here! He would not be in such an impossible situation and she would live to see another day.

The stormtroopers restrained her and handed her off to him. Ren closed the elevator door and stood just behind her. They would be in the throne room soon...

And he was hopeless.

"You don't have to do this." Rey's voice betrayed her fears but she looked at him with such certainty, such softness he could not bear it. Locking his eyes on the elevator doors he ignored her. Stilling his mind. "I feel the conflict in you. It's tearing you apart."

He continued to ignore her trying to hide his weakness before they reached their final destination. If Snoke sensed what he felt it would be the end of them both.

"Ben."

Did she just?

At that he broke his staring contest with the doors and looked down at her. She had said his name, his real name. The one he'd tried so long to erase. She had said it with such tenderness. Such compassion.

Compassion.

Unconditional love...

Weakness.

They were both weak. They were both about to stand in front of Supreme Leader Snoke and he would see it unless Ben figured out how to burry his feelings before those damned doors opened.

"When we touched hands I saw your future. Just the shape of it but solid and clear." As she spoke she stepped closer to him. So close he could feel her breath. "You will not bow before Snoke. You'll turn." Rey spoke even softer now, almost a whisper. "I'll help you. I saw it." Her eyes flickered to his lips before returning to his eyes.

"I saw something too. Because of what I saw I know when the moment comes you will be the one to turn." Her eyes flickered unsteadily from their certainty but she did not look away, he lowered his voice, "You'll stand with me. Rey..." Her name rolled off of his tongue, soft and sweet. Ben had never dared speak it out loud before. "I saw who your parents are." He had known Rey's parents identity for awhile but she knew. She just forced herself to forget.

The doors to the elevator opened, revealing a massive throne room. What would have been an impressive view of what was ahead of the ship was draped in a deep blood red backdrop. Central to the room was the throne, and in it Snoke. The creature was misshapen and bigger than anything Rey had seen. Draped in his usual yellow robe he chuckled maliciously.

"Well done my good and faithful apprentice. My faith in you is restored."

Kylo Ren kept Rey ahead of him and brought her just in front of the ledge of where the throne sat. As he kneeled, head bowed, he struggled to maintain clarity, but knew it was the only way to survive.

"Young Rey." Snoke watched Rey as a predator stalked their prey. Ready for the kill. "Welcome." He released her bonds.

Rey just stood there rubbing her wrists. Eyes fixed with resolve on the Supreme Leader. How did she do this? Did she really believe in him that much? He could not do anything! Did she not see this? Was she that blind! She had put him in an impossible scenario, after what? A handful of meetings and she expected him to...to save everyone!

Ren masked his frustration with indifference and kept himself focused on the events unfolding before him, his internal battle swelling.

"Come closer child."

The damned girl did not move. No words, no action. Was she trying to piss Snoke off even more?

An ancient chuckle filled the room, "So much strength. Darkness rises and light to meet it. I warned my young apprentice that as he grew stronger his equal in the light would rise." As he spoke the blue saber in Kylo's hand shook then flew to Snoke, he caught it and sat it beside him. "Skywalker I assumed, wrongly." The leaders eyes wandered onto Ren before fixing themselves on Rey with a sneer. "Closer I said."

Rey attempted to fight the Supreme Leader but he was stronger in the force and pulled her in front of him slowly.

He was toying with her. Playing with his prey. It made Ren sick to his stomach but he did not dare move.

"You underestimate Skywalker, and Ben Solo." Ren risked a glance at Rey. She had said his true name again and it pulled at him. "And me. It will be your downfall." Her voice cracked a little, nerves getting the best of her for a moment as Snoke brought her close enough to touch.

The Supreme Leader's crystal eyes widened, "Oh! Have you seen something? A weakness in my apprentice?" Snoke's voice raised and a small flicker of panic crossed his face. "Is that why you came?"

Kylo watched the exchange, internally screaming. Snoke had already sensed compassion within him before he saw it himself did the ancient being now know of their unusual bond?

"Young fool." Surprised laughter filled the chamber making Kylo's skin crawl. "It was I that bridged your minds."

With that Kylo lifted his gaze directly to Snoke's, whose own gaze was still directed at Rey. Ren did not believe what he was hearing.

"I sensed his conflicted soul and I knew he was not strong enough to hide it from you and you were not wise enough to resist the bait."

A fiery rage filled Kylo Ren towards the dark force user, but he did not move. He could not move. It was not time. Not yet. He had to force himself to remain submissive.

"And now you will give me Skywalker. Then I will kill you with the cruelest stroke."

"No." Rey growled.

"Yes." Snoke caressed her face before he lifted her up, using the force to hold her on her back in the air. "Give me everything."

Rey tried to fight as long as she could but the supreme leader was too powerful. Within seconds her blood curdling screams were all Kylo Ren heard.

Ren took his eyes away from her. He could not bear to watch and he could do nothing to stop it.  With every new cry he felt a different piece of himself break.

Snoke has crossed the line.

He had manipulated Ben for the last time.

Mind made up and a plan in place, Ben just had to endure a little while longer.