Serperated

"We have a problem." Poe said as he entered the ship, "Scratch that we have two problems." He amended after seeing how close the two of them were. Ben noted the look Poe shot at him. He obviously did not trust him, if he were in the pilot's position he would not trust him either.

Letting go of Rey's hand Ben got to his feet, "What is it?"

"Finn and Rose, apparently, are lost."

"Lost?" Rey got to her feet and strode toward the door of the Falcon, Poe following beside her.

Ben shook his head as he followed the pair close behind them. Reaching out with the force he searched for the ex-trooper and the, well, he was not sure what part Rose played exactly. She almost seemed like Finn's pet by the way she acted around him.

"Zay and Shriv are getting in touch with their contacts here to see if we can figure out what happened."

As they neared the bustling town Ben sensed all assortments of sentient beings none of which were the two they needed to find. Pushing harder he spread his search further.

Make that another problem.

Pulling back he stopped suddenly, "I know where they are but that's not the real problem." Poe and Rey turned and looked at him. "There are troopers a few clicks from here. If they find the Falcon or one of us."

"We're screwed." Poe finished causing Ben to smirk.

The pilot might hate him but Ben knew that under different circumstances they would have been friends. Poe seemed to be thinking quickly and before Ben could propose his own plan the pilot raised a hand and nodded to himself.

"I have a plan."

——><——><——

Ben jumped into the captain seat of the Falcon, Rey took the co-pilot position giving him a questioning glance over her shoulder. Surveying the controls he refamiliarized himself with the different notches, buttons, switches, and nobs. The ship was worse for ware than it had been when he was a child. Taking the controls he waited. Poe had run off to grab the others and if the First Order interfered he was to fly the Falcon off planet and meet them at the rendezvous point. Waiting was not a skill he possessed.

"I am sure they'll make it back in time."

"I'm not worried about them. I am more concerned about the troopers that were just deployed."

"They don't know we are here."

Sure they don't.

If any of the Knights were with the squadron of soldiers they would know exactly where he was. Where Rey was. Rey had been lucky when she had saved him. Ben could bear whatever torture the Knights deemed appropriate but he could not bear the thought of what they would do to Rey. They could not take them down all at once if they had any hope in defeating the First Order he knew that they would have to find a way to deal with each knights individually. Closing his eyes he focused reaching, searching for any of them.

The energy he found was buzzing, equal parts dark and light, mixing effortlessly behind a solid wall to keep prying minds unaware of its presence. He was not blocking Ben though. Clenching his jaw he was about to push harder when Rey gasped.

"Ben! Look!"

There he was standing a few meters away from the Falcon. Removing his helmet he revealed a head of dark green hair pulled back into a low ponytail. Stormtroopers broke off throughout the city in the distance. The rogue knight looked up at the cockpit window directly at Ben.

Probing further Ben entered the man's mind completely completing his search. Understanding his intentions he began to press nobs and buttons prepping the Falcon for take off.

"What are you doing? We can't take off yet Poe and-"

Pulling on the old controls Ben lifted the ship off the ground continuing with his calculations. "And they will find a way off this cursed planet. We can't stay here."

"One man isn't going to be a problem."

Ben looked at Rey holding her gaze. "He is the reason we have time to leave. Poe and Finn and the girl will find their own way."

"But-" Rey's worry was overcoming her and in turn him as well. It was like a dark wave looming over them.

"Poe and I already discussed it." With a push of a button they were leaving the planets atmosphere and shot into hyperspace.

——><——><——

Hey everyone! Sorry for the delay I have been having a rough week... I apologize for the shortness of this post. It was supposed to be longer but I wanted to give y'all something! I will hopefully be able to post more frequently here soon.