Shadows of The Past

A blue luminesce illuminated the small hut and slowly took form before his eyes. He felt defenseless without his saber. Within moments the figure appeared clearly, he was dressed in black Jedi Knight robes, his brown hair came almost to his shoulders. As he studied his face he noticed that the man had a scar by his right eye. Something about him was familiar and yet he had never seen this Jedi before.

The robed figured looked Kylo Ren up and down for a moment as if he was examining an opponent. A slight grin curled on his lips, "It seems like you've broken one light saber and lost the other."

Without hesitation Ren raised his hand and attempted to use the force against the stranger but nothing happened, frustrated he glared at the Jedi. "Who are you?"

"That isn't important right now."

Frustration taking over Kylo took a few steps towards the man, but the stranger was not intimidated and did not move. "What do you want?" He growled.

"For you to let go."

You're still holding on let go!

His own words to Rey echoed through his mind urging a swell of emotion within him. He had let go. He had killed his past. He shook his head glaring at the man in front of him. "I have let go, I have given everything up."

"No. You have not." The stranger's voice lowered as if he was thinking about something within himself, "You still hold onto your guilt. Your past. Let go."

Kylo rushed at the man but his fist went through the figure. Turning around the stranger looked at Kylo shaking his head and let out a long sigh. "There is conflict within you Ben. Let go of your hate and guilt and you will find balance. You will be free of this turmoil."

"I am not Ben." Kylo spat.

"It is the name of your true self. You'll see."

Anger swelled within him, he wanted to strike the stranger down. Who was he to tell him who he was and what he should do? What did he know of his inner conflict?

As if he knew his thoughts the stranger looked away then back again at Kylo. "I am Anakin Skywalker." Anakin met his grandson's eyes, "You know me as the Sith Lord Darth Vader."

What?

Ren blinked, processing what Anakin had just said. If he was Vader why hadn't Luke told him? Why hadn't his mother told him? Why had they hid his family's past from him?

"If you are truly Vader then show me the power of the Dark Side once again. Make me strong enough."

Anakin smirked. "No. That was not me. I would never lead you down the same path I chose."

"Then who-"

Snoke.

His blood boiled. More lies. More deceit. How many times had he been lied to? How long had he believed them? Everyone had lied to him, used him for their own gain, and everyone had abandoned him. Except Rey, for now.

"Let go, Ben." With those last words Anakin vanished just as quickly as he had appeared.

I can't.

   ——><—— ——><—— ——><—— ——><——

Rey sat cross-legged on the large stone that over looked the ocean that surrounded the island. Eyes closed. Breathing deeply. Letting herself open up to the force, feeling everything around her. The island was perfectly balanced and it made it whole. Except there was one thing that she sensed that was imbalanced: Ben. She felt the turmoil within him. It was like a dark storm that swirls constantly around and within him. Thundering and billowing constantly. Flashes of light that cut through the darkness. So much internal pain and guilt. How could one person live with so much on their shoulders?

Something else was with Ben. Someone else she did not recognize. Their energy was strong, stronger than anything she had ever felt before. Rey focused in on the stranger. He was neither light nor dark he was somewhere in the middle, this stranger was equal in both. He was one with the force. Suddenly the stranger vanished from her senses. Rey jumped out of her meditative state and gasped for air. Standing she turned and made her way down the stairs of the temple. She needed to see what had happened.