Reveal

Silence engulfed him fully now, only the sound of his own breathing broke the quietness. The images and sounds that had overwhelmed him had left him paralyzed in the same spot for what seemed like an eternity. Every muscle was vibrating with a numbness that sunk down to his soul. Regaining control of himself, Ren stood up and looked around. The images and visions had been replaced by what seemed to be a giant mirror that encircled him.

Remembering what Rey had said about her time in this place he stepped forward and reached out to touch the glass surface.

"What do you want from me?" He growled at the blackness before him. The dark energy that embodied this portion of the island surrounded him like a fog but this was different than the energy and feeling of the hatred that he had called upon to make him grow. Different from Snoke's power, from anything he had felt before.

The dark fog swirled within the mirror forming two separate figures, Ren could not make out who they were. The silhouettes became more and more solid as they walked closer to Kylo as they got closer they drew closer together and became one form. Heart racing Kylo touched the glass forcing the fog to swirl away and reveal who it was hiding. Kylo staggered backwards several steps, the figure was in fact two halves blended together. Rey and himself perfectly blended together. He turned and found the light from the entrance and left quickly. Anger rising.

What did all of this mean? Anakin's force ghost appearing, the images, the voices, and the being that had been revealed to him. Something stirred deep within him. He knew deep down what he needed to do. What they needed to do to end all of this.

I can't. I don't know how. Damn it all!

Finding a suitable vine Kylo began to climb up to the surface. Reaching the top he looked up and was met with Rey. Something about her made him angry. Every moment with her was painful to him and yet calming all at once. The emotions she evoked made him greatly uncomfortable and that made him angry.

"What do you want from me?" He snapped glaring at her. "Why didn't you leave me?"

Rey blinked, taken aback by his reaction. "I couldn't leave you."

"Why?"

"I don't know."

Ren stormed past her ignoring her as she followed him. Why was she so infuriating? How had he become so weak?

"Ben! Stop!"

Stopping he did not turn to face her.

"Ben." Her voice softened, he could feel her standing just behind him. "What did you see? In there?"

He swallowed the lump that had formed in his throat. Rey had bore her heart to him when she had explored that part of the island looking for answers, she had opened up in ways no one had ever opened up to him before. The silence between them was deafening.

"Tell me."

"I can't."

"Why not?" He could sense her desire to reach out and grab his shoulder, his hand, some part of him to comfort him, but she restrained herself.

"I'm not..." Why was it so hard to talk to her? Why did she have to be so stubborn?

"You're not what?" She took a step closer to him.

"I'm not strong enough to do what I have to."

Before Rey could respond a fleet of Tie Fighters jumped out of light-speed along with a transport on the other side of the island. Both Ren and Rey took off at a dead run towards the Falcon.

   ——><—— ——><—— ——><—— ——><——

~Note~

Hey guys! I'm sorry this is so short and that it took so long to post. I've been busy and unfortunately was not able to get this out as soon as I'd like. So here's a shorter section and I plan on getting the next bit out asap! Let me know what you like so far!