The Girl

"We need to find the girl and put an end to this once and for all!" General Hux spoke to the holograms of the other high ranking officials within the Order. "She murdered our former leader and is now rebuilding the Rebellion. We can not allow her to live if we are to maintain control over the galaxy."

The holograms nodded in unanimous agreement as Kylo Ren stood at the head of the table. "The girl is not our only problem. They have new leadership now and allies within the Outer Rim and sympathizers scattered throughout the galaxy." Everyone watch him, listening intently. "More is needed than to take out one girl. We need to destroy what they stand for, hope."

"And how do you propose we do that?" Hux retorted.

"Their leaders need to be taken down first. The girl will be their last hope and then when we crush her they will have nothing left to fight for."  Something pulled at him. Deep within himself and the room began to fade into silence around him.

No one disagreed with the Supreme Leader. General Hux kept his personal thoughts on the matter to himself and instead offered a feasible plan. "To do this we must first find them, sir. I propose that we send out scout troopers to different planets and regions to acquire leads as to their whereabouts and act accordingly." Everyone nodded in agreement once more.

Kylo gave a stern nod of approval before leaving the command center.

——><—— ——><—— ——><—— ——><——

Ren, finally in his chambers, looked at Rey. Eyes unmoving. Their breaths synced. Slow and deep. Hurt. Disappointment. Anger. Fear. Sadness. It engulfed them both. He waited for her usual insult.

"Ben?"

No. That's not me. I am the monster.

"That's not my name." He made no move towards her and spoke with a hint of anger.

Rey was taken aback the hurt flickering in her eyes. "Yes it is." She said stubbornly.

"No. He is gone." His lips curled. "You killed him."

Tears began to well up in her eyes but she did not say anything. She knew he was hurt she felt it. Maybe it was a mistake, talking to him, trying to soften him. Perhaps he was not savable? No. There was still a glimmer of light in him, she sensed it, it was just beginning to go out.

"No one is ever really gone." Leia had quoted Luke's words to her on the falcon in an attempt to comfort her and maybe Ben needed to hear them.

Kylo Ren stared at her in silence. How could she do this? How could she be so stubborn? So hopeful? Would she never say it? Evil monster. If she did perhaps the light within would finally die and he would be free of his pain.

She looked over her shoulder at someone calling her away and then... silence. His large chamber felt cold and empty again. Ren wipes his face and looked down at his hand, his face contorted in disgust.

Sand?