He's gone.

(A/N there is only going to be only few more chapters left of this book, I don't want it to end😢😢 the songs for this chapter is Flicker by Niall Horan, Bruises by Lewis Capaldi and lastly Sorry by Halsey. But anyways how are you guys enjoying the chapters, I am sorry for taking a while to post lately, I just haven't been feeling myself in this book for a while. That was until I got motivated to continue, all for you guys. So I thank you for the reads, likes and comments you've been leaving.❤❤)

Chapter fourty six.

Beep! Beep! Beep!

That's all I've been hearing for the past God knows how many minutes.

Beep! Beep! Beep!

Here it goes again, where is it coming from. Please make it stop. 

Beep! Beep! Beep! Beep! 

This time it goes in a much faster pace, make it bloody stop. My eyes feels way to heavy and my throat feels way to dry for my liking. I can feel my eyes slowly blink open, and when they do everything is blurry and the dryness surrounding my eyes makes me want to rub them until it's all gone. I close my eyes and blink them again and again and again until the blurriness is gone and my eyesight finally comes back to normal, no more blurriness anymore. I cough from the dryness in my throat and a figure instantly hovers over me, making me shrink back in surprise. 

"It's okay" the person says. "I'm your nurse, my name is Ada, your going to be okay" when I hear that she's a nurse I instantly calm down, and then start to panic again. Nurse, she's a nurse, so I must be in hospital. Xavier! The machine that was beeping before starts to go much faster than earlier. "Rosie, Rosie sweetie I need you to calm down for me okay. Take in deep breaths." Ada says calmly while placing her hand on my arm. "Deep inhale through your nose, and exhale through your mouth for me sweetie." I watch Ada as I do what she has said, my breathing slowly goes back down to normal. I search around the room, noticing a chair beside my bed with a jacket laying on the back of it. "Your friend is outside waiting for me to finish my check up" Ada says softly to me, friend, Chase, Nina, who does she mean? "Would you like to sit up Rosie" Ada asks me, her hand still resting on my arm.

I nod my head and whisper out a croaky "please." Ada slowly helps me sit up and makes sure I am comfortable. When she was helping me sit up, I notice the hand I had cut was wrapped up in a white bandage, and further up my arm is a drip attached into my bicep. Once I am sat up Ada hands me a plastic cup of water and I thank her before taking many sips of the water, making my throat feel much more moister.

"Would you like me to bring your friend back in" Ada asks me and I nod my head as my answer, she smile smiles at me softly before turning around and head out of the room. Moments later Ada walks back in with Chase, so he's the friend who was staying in my room. "When your ready Rosie, press the red button and the doctor will be in with you" I say thanks and so does Chase, with one last smile Ada leaves and Chase sits down in the uncomfortable looking chair beside my bed.

"It's good to see your awake" Chase say quietly, I give him a small smile as I check over him quickly, noticing very tired looing eyes with dark bags hidden under them, a slight stubble coming in, and his hair all messy and sticking up. "How you feeling" he ask with concern and in his tone you can hear the scratchy and croakiness hidden with it. 

"Tired, sore" I whisper. "But Xavier, is he okay" I ask with concern dripping with every word I say. Chase winces when I ask about Xavier and that causes instant panic and alarm bells to go of in my head. "Chase, is Xavier okay?" I question him this time with a much more demanding tone.

Chase shakes is head. "Ro" he gets out before I cut him off. 

"He's fine, he's okay. Please tell me he is" I beg as the stinging starts in my eyes. "Please say he's okay" I whisper staring at him. The panic and guilt and every emotion you could feel all build up, and before I know it a sob falls from my mouth and Chase's arms instantly warm around me, my hands shoot up to his jumper he is wearing and I clutch hands full of material in my hands, as the sobs freely fall. Chase holds my body softly to his, whispering comforting words, but they don't help comfort me, not one bit. "Please" I whisper, tightening my grip on his jumper. 

I feel Chase press a kiss down to my head before a sharp intake is heard from him. "At the scene Xavier was in a much worse condition than Isaac, so they took Xavier in the first ambulance and Isaac in the second. Isaac was shot twice so was Xavier." I shiver at the sound of Isaac's name. "Xavier went straight into surgery because he had lost a lot of blood from the first gunfire in his stomach, and much more blood from the second gunfire that was aimed and got him just missing his neck and going into his collarbone." I take in a deep breath after taking all that information. 

"What happened" I whisper. I feel Chase rub his hands up and down my back. He swallows and more panic arises in me. 

"Do you know how long you was out for" Chase asks me. 

"No" I whisper. 

"Rosie, it's been five days, you was out for five days. I guess your body had enough and shut down." Five day, bloody hell I was out for five days. "But after Xavier was taken out from surgery the doctors and surgeons wasn't sure if he would make it with all the blood loss, he had to have three blood transfusions and the first two his body wouldn't take, but the third did." I nod my head against his chest, tiredness and worry washing through my body. "He woke up about two days okay" I let out a shallow breath after he says that. "But because his body was still weak and trying to recover and few hours later his body shut down and he went back into a coma."

I push myself away from Chase, flinching at the soreness before looking up to the sad and tired looking Chase. I swallow deeply before opening my mouth to speak. "Xavier is going to wake up right, he's going to wake up right Chase" I question him and he looks down. I look down to the tears still flowing down my face. 

It goes silent for a minute until it's broken with a sob coming from Chase and a quiet "I don't know" and this time, I am the one pulling Chase into a hug, as we both cry and cling to each other, hoping the best for someone we love dearly.