'Happy Birthday'

Swan House

In Forks Washington, a two story house stood within the quiet neighbourhood. A house that the Chief of Police lives in with his daughter and granddaughter. A little girl with blond hair and green eyes, at the age of 3, runs inside the halls.

The little girl by the name of Athena, runs into her mothers room, a large smile spread across her face. She hops on top of the purple quilted bed and starts to jump.

"Wake up! Wake up! Wa-" As she was chanting, Athena was suddenly pulled down and encased into the warm arms of her mother, Bella Swan.

"Mamma!" Bella chuckles and peeks through her eyelids at her bubbly daughter.

"What are you doing up at this time?"

Athena giggles and pokes her mums cheek. "It's your birthday, silly mamma."

Bella's smile goes strained when she hears what day it is but Athena doesn't notice, Bella presses a kiss to her forehead.

"Well it's not time to get up yet, so go back to sleep."

Bella's eyes close, Athena narrows her eyes and let's out a huff. "M' not tired."

Bella opens her eyes again and raises an eyebrow. "You aren't huh?"

Athena gives a single nod, Bella puts on a thinking face. "How about? If you go back to sleep for a bit longer, then we can have pizza for dinner."

Athena's face scrunches as she thinks about it before holding out her hand. "Deal." Bella shakes her hand and closes her eyes again.

"Now sleep."

Athena giggles, snuggles closer and closes her eyes.

{_}{_}{_}{_}{_}{_}{_}{_}{_}{_}

An hour later, knock is heard on the bedroom door. Bella's father walks in, carrying two gifts, one wrapped, one not.

"Happy Birthday, Bells."

Bella leans up a little, not wanting to wake up her daughter. "Dad, we agreed, no gifts."

"At least mines not wrapped." Bella sits up, moving Athena's head onto her pillow. He hands it to her. "It's a digital camera." Bella is pleased with her gift, despite herself.

"Okay, this is actually kind of great. Thanks dad."

Charlie smiles and hands her the second gift. "Goes with this one, it's from your mum. We coordinated - well, she coordinated me."

Bella opens the wrapped gift, careful not to wake Athena, revealing a scrapbook.

Charlie nods to it. "To put your pictures in, record your senior year - Man, senior year. How'd you get so old so fast? Heck you already have a kid."

Bella frowns. "Not that old."

"I don't know. Is that a wrinkle?" Charlie jokes. Bella quickly goes to her mirror, awakening Athena from sleep at this action and searches her face.