'Beach Time'

Florida
Renee's Beach Bungalow – Day

"Aren't you gonna miss this? Don't you just feel the vitamin D soaking up in your pores?" Renee, Bella's mother and Athena's grandmother says, as they lie in chaise lounges pushed tightly together on the deck.

Bella breathes in deeply. "Yeah, I'm gonna miss this."

"You know, colleges in Florida are a lot sunnier. I'm just saying, if you go to university of Alaska... I'm never gonna see you or Athena." Charlie not having told Renee what's happening between Bella and Athena, not wanting to cause a fuss while Bella was down there. "And why isn't my grand baby here as well, I miss her." She looks to Bella.

Bella huffs. "I just wanted it to be me and Edward. Plus Alaska have a really great science program."

"You mean Edward program." Renee nudges Bella who grimaces but quickly hides it, looks inside the house to see Edward sitting in an easy chair with a clear view of Bella. He offers a small wave, then turns back to his conversation with Phil, who lies on his back on the couch. Renee squeezes her hand a beat, then glances back at Edward.

"The way he watches you... It's like he's willing to leap in front of you, and take a bullet or something."

Bella smiles smugly, Edward sees this and looks to her in confusion, but she doesn't notice and asks rhetorically. "Is that a bad thing?"

"It's an intense thing. You're different with him. If he moves, you move. Like magnets." Renee says seriously, a little worried about how close they are.

"I don't know, we're just... In love." Bella says, grimacing in disgust at the last two words. Edward notices and scrunches his eyebrows at it.

Renee sighs. "I get it. I just want to make sure, you're making the right choices for you and Athena. You know, cause you're the one who's gonna have to live with them and Athena's your daughter." Bella rolls her eyes when she mentions Athena, huffing in annoyance. Renee sees this.

"Alright, enough with the heavy." She reaches under her chaise and pulls up a large box.

"Mum." Renee sets the box on Bella's lap.

"Congratulations."

"I didn't want you to spending your money."

"I didn't, come on." Bella opens the box-to find a quilt. As she unfolds it, realises what it is, hides her frown with a smile.

"Are these all our old trip T-shirts?"

"I saved em all. I thought they'd make a good quilt. To keep you Athena warm up in Alaska. Remember this one? Ensenada.."

"The snake pit."

"Yep. But this one is my favourite. Here..."

"The three-headed lobster in Maine. This is amazing." Bella says with fake enthusiasm.

"No, honey. I'm glad you've like it. I just figured, you know, when Athena gets older or you have any more kids. We can add to it. Maybe go visit... the world's largest ketchup bottle or something." Renee wraps the quilt around Bella.

"Thanks."

"Oh... I'm glad you like it." Bella hugs Renee before pulling back.

{_}{_}{_}{_}{_}{_}{_}{_}{_}

La Push
Beach - Day

The pack could be seen playing with a ball on the beech, the boys missing their t-shirts with the girls a few ways back, watching. Athena is playing in the sand, humming to herself and she tries to create a sand castle. Someone drops down next to her, she looks up and a smile spreads across her face.

"Jakey!"

He laughs, catching her when she jumps at him. Pulling her close into a hug, her face in his neck. "Hey short-stacks. How's my favourite girl?" She pulls back, he keeps his hands on her waist.

"I'm good, can we go swimming Jakey?" He nods, standing with her in his arms. He looks to Emily, who was already looking to them with a smile.

"I'm going to take her down to the water." She nods.

"Just be careful okay? She's still young."

He smiles, starting to walk down to the water. "We'll be fine." He runs down to the water, Athena squealing in happiness and excitement. Emily shakes her head in amusement before frowning.

"I don't know why you're acting the way you are towards Athena, Bella. But you better snap out of it soon or you will lose her for good." She watches them play in the water, laughing from time to time.

{_}{_}{_}{_}{_}{_}{_}{_}{_}

Evening

Jacob walks over to Emily, Athena nearly asleep on his shoulder. "She's nearly out." He hands her to Emily.

She takes her and holds Athena to her chest. "Well she did have a big day." She looks downs at her before looking back up. "She's staying with us for a while, with Charlie busy at work and Bella gone. She needed a place to stay." Emily runs her hand through Athena's wet hair. Jacob watches with a adoring smile.

"You look good with her."

Emily smiles, not looking up. "Yeah?"

He nods. "If I didn't know Bella was her mum, I would think she was yours."

Emily smiles brightly at him, Sam comes up behind her. He kisses her check, puts a arm around her waist and a hand on Athena's head. Jacob watches, Athena looking like she was their child all this time.

{_}{_}{_}{_}{_}{_}{_}{_}{_}{_}

Disclaimer - I do not own Twilight but I do own Athena Swan so no Stealing or copying please