'Their Back'

Bella's Room- Morning

Bella awakens, tears on her face. She lets out a breath. Gets the hell out of bed, anxious to leave the dream she had behind. But it stays with her...

She quickly changes and goes to Athena's room, she sees her on the floor playing with her toys. Bella lets out a huff, walks over and picks her up abruptly, startling Athena who lets out a gasp.

Bella glares down at her. "Shh."

Athena closes her mouth, too scared to say anything to anger her mother. Bella carries Athena down the stairs, picking up the keys and leaving the house.

{_}{_}{_}{_}{_}{_}{_}{_}{_}{_}{_}{_}

Emily's House

Bella knocks on the door, rain falling around her, wind blowing strong. Athena tries to hide into Bella's side but isn't able to. Emily opens the door and sees them.

"Bella. Athena. Are you okay?"

Bella nods, handing over Athena to her Emily eagerly takes her. "Yeah, I just... is Jacob here? He wasn't at home..." Sam appears behind Emily.

"He's with Jared and Embry, keeping an eye on things. I'm heading out soon. Should I tell him something?" Sam wraps an arm around Emily and ruffles Athena's hair resulting in her letting out A childish giggle. Bella quickly stomps down her jealousy, not wanting them to see.

"You want to come in?" Emily asks but Bella's already hurrying to her truck, determination on her face. Emily sighs and looks down at Athena who is already looking up at her.

"She's something, isn't she." She tickles her stomach and Athena let's out a laugh. Emily walks back into the house with Athena, Sam walking behind them, closing the door.

{_}{_}{_}{_}{_}{_}{_}{_}{_}{_}{_}

La Push - Cliffs

Bella's truck comes to a stop, she climbs out. Ignoring the wind and rain, she strides to the cliff's edge and looks down. The water looking steely gray. Rough whitecaps.

Bella smiles, tears of relief springing to her eyes. She turns and appears to be looking at something. She steps back from the cliff's edge and starts pulling off her shoes and coat, adrenaline pumping. Bella starts to mumble.

"You won't stay with me any other way." Then with a running leap, she flings herself over the edge. She screams on the way down, plummeting and splashes into the water. There is no sign of Bella. A beat. Suddenly, she pops back up. Inhales deeply and laughs.

"Yes!"

She enjoys a moment of elation and empowerment, then turns to swim ashore but her smile falters when she realizes how strong the current is. A wave crashes over her head. She gasps for breath. Then another wave hits her. Starts to pull her under the water. Bella struggles as she pops up, looking around in a panic, she sees something red, bobbing on the surface of the water. Bella goes down, then comes up again. The red thing is suddenly thirty yards closer. Bella struggles to stay afloat but the current Smashes her into a rock, the air goes out of her chest. She sinks. Before everything goes dark, a reaches towards her and grabs her collar.