Go Away

Swan House

Bella bursts in, out of breath with Athena on her hip fast asleep, tired from today's activities. Charlie and Harry Clearwater are washing their fishing gear. Charlie spins.

"Bella? What's wrong?" He looks to Athena to make sure she was alright.

"They're not giant bears, I saw them. Up in a meadow-"

"Damn it, I told you not to go into the woods! And especially not with Athena!" Athena opens her eyes tiredly, lifting a small fist up to her eyes to rub them. Charlie send her an apologetic glance for waking her up.

Harry Clearwater looks to them, concerned. "What did you see, Bella?"

"Wolves. They're wolves, Dad." Harry Clearwater sighs ever-so-slightly. More awake than before, Athena nods her head up and down with a bright smile.

"They were so big and pretty!" The two males smile at her comment.

Bella continues on. "Five of them. The size of, of cars. I swear. They went after." She pauses. "something and we ran." Athena looks to her in confusion but doesn't talk when Bella gives her a look. Charlie picks up the phone, he talks to Harry without looking up.

"Harry, can you get some men from the rez?"

He nods. "Sure. Yeah. I'll just."  Harry seems more concerned as he slips out.

Charlie talks into the phone. "Jerry? Put a hunting party together. Tranq guns, large caliber shotguns. There's something dangerous out there." Athena starts to wiggle so Bella puts her onto the ground, she walks to where her toys reside and plays with them, zoning out.

As Charlie hangs up, goes to his gun cabinet. "I've gotta go to the station."

Bella nods quickly. "Good! That's good."

Charlie looks to her in concern. "You okay here? You want to come with?"

She shakes her head. "Actually, I need to see a friend."

He walks over to Athena and bends down, Athena looks up from her toys with a curious glance."Pappy?"

He gives her a smile. "Hey Pumpkin, do you want to go down to the station with me or stay here?"

Athena looks over to Bella, who looks deep in thought. She shakes her head and gives Charlie a bright smile. "Stay."

He nods and stands. "Okay, see you when I get back pumpkin." He ruffled her hair before leaving.

{_}{_}{_}{_}{_}{_}{_}{_}{_}{_}{_}

Jacob's House

Bella parks her truck, looks over to Athena to see her sleeping. She decides to leave her in the car and walks over to the Black residence. Bella knocks. Then knocks again. Finally, Billy answers.

"Hi, Billy. I know Jacob's sick but-"

Billy cuts her off. "He's out with friends."