'Tickets to Florida'

Bella's Bedroom
Day

Bella opens her desk drawer and pulls out a folded note. It's worn, having been read many times. She unfolds it, several sentences have been crossed out. Only one line at the bottom is legible. It reads: 'I miss you, too. Doesn't change anything.' Bella glares down it angrily, Athena coming to mind when she thinks on why he is spending less time with her. Suddenly an idea comes to her head.

{_}{_}{_}{_}{_}{_}{_}{_}{_}{_}

Bella's Truck
Night

Bella clumsily walks out of the house, hopping into her truck and turning the key – nothing. Athena had woken up to her mother trying to leave her room quietly and decided to follow her. She stops at the doorway and looks outside and sees her getting into the truck. Her face twisting into anger. She ducks behind the door quickly before slowly looking out again. Edward now sat in the passenger seat, she tilts her head in confusion.

Bella glares at him. "You scared me."

"You're going now to the reservation."

"How'd you --? Alice had a vision." His guilty face is her answer. She glares, anger pouring off of her as he tries to make light of it. "Hey, did you do this to my truck?"

He sighs tiredly. "Bella, you have to understand. Your safety is everything to me."

She stubbornly crosses her arms. "Jacob is not gonna hurt me." He scoffs at this. "Edward. I have... Until graduation, to see him. And I'll be one of you, and he'll hate me forever." She tries to make him see, not wanting to let go of her 'Sun'.

"I'm sorry." She looks at him. Then angrily forces open her door. Athena quickly walks back to her room, not wanting to be seen and face her mother's fury. Bella climbs out, slams the truck door. Edward appears next to her. "I want you to be happy... but alive is more important." Frustrated, she pushes past him and heads to the house. He appears on the stairs before she reaches them.

"I'll understand if you're too angry for me to come to your room tonight. Just close the window."

{_}{_}{_}{_}{_}{_}{_}{_}{_}

Bella's Bedroom

Bella closes and locks the window. She sits on her bed, her eyes glaring at the picture of her and Athena smiling at the camera for her Second Birthday. She grabs the photo, taking it out of the frame, and rips it apart. Throwing it into the bin next to her desk before changing into her pyjamas and going to bed.

{_}{_}{_}{_}{_}{_}{_}{_}{_}

Forks High School
Cafeteria – Day

Bella and Edward sit with Angela, Eric, Mike and Jessica. Athena in Angela's lap, happily eating her sandwich. Edward and Bella are on the end, slightly apart. Angela is busy addressing a pile of note card envelopes around Athena. Mike writes what he's saying on a legal pad.

"My fellow students. Cool. Right? Wow. Okay, right? - Cute. We are the future. Anything is possible... If you just believe."

Angela scoffs. "Nice."

"Blah, blah, blah... Perfect. And got yourself a speech." He rips the page off, hands it to Jessica. Athena scrunches her nose at his speech.