'Visit from the Pixie'

Swan House

Bella hurries up the road toward her house. Jacob's suddenly standing in front of her, furious. "Stop. You gotta come with me."

She tries to pass him. "It's okay. They're my friends-"

He scoffs, visibly angry. "Don't you get it? If a Cullen is back here, this is their territory. The Treaty says we can only defend our own lands."

Bella glares at him. "It's not a war-"

He cuts her off. "It is. And you'll only be safe in La Push. I can't protect you here anymore."

"I don't need you to-"

Jacob starts. "You're about to cross a line-"

"Only if you draw one." She starts to move past him, but he stops her.

"I'm not letting you do this. What about your daughter? If it isn't really them than you're leaving her without a mother."

She glares. "It's them, so she doesn't have to worry and you don't have a choice. I don't belong to you." He shakes his head and hands her the keys.

"Bye, Bella, I hope you don't die." She flinches at the stinging remark. He disappears into the darkness, leaving her alone on the dark road. She's closer to her house than her truck. She hurries forward. The night sounds start to encroach, branches crackling, bushes rustling. She glances behind her... nothing but darkness... she faces forward again and runs directly into a vampire. Bella Screams then realises it's Alice. Bella is stunned. So is Alice.

"Alice!"

"You're... alive." She's clearly confused, but Bella hugs her with tears of joy.

"Oh my God, Alice. You're here."

"I heard voices, I didn't think it was you but. You're alive."

Bella looks to her in confusion. "You keep saying that."

"I saw you, a vision of you... you jumped off a cliff. I knew I'd be too late but-" She starts becoming angry. "-Why the hell would you try to kill yourself?! What about Athena? Charlie?"

She ignores the last part. "I didn't. I was cliff diving."

"Why?!" Alice asked, shocked.

Bella hesitates. "Um... fun?"

She looks to her in disbelief. "That was fun for you."

"Until I hit the water."

"I have never met anyone more prone to life-threatening idiocy... and what is that hideous wet dog smell?"

"Oh. Probably Jacob. He's kind of a werewolf." She sees Alice's horrified expression.

{_}{_}{_}{_}{_}{_}{_}{_}{_}{_}{_}{_}

Kitchen

As Bella makes herself hot chocolate, Alice paces.