'Bella's Disappearance'

Clearwater House

A small group of people are buzzing around, sad faces between them while they talk to each other. Charlie is talking to Sue Clearwater when he hears the sound of his name from a distance.

"Charlie!"

He turns and sees Jacob walking out of the woods with Athena sitting on his shoulders, her hands wrapped around the top of his head. She looks to Charlie and waves at him happily, he waves back in confusion.

"Pappy!" Once they have gotten closer, Jacob let's Athena down from his shoulders and she runs to Charlie, he picks her up once she reaches him. She reaches up and kisses his cheek in greeting. "Hi Pappy!"

He smiles sadly at her. "Hey Athena." He looks to Jacob, when he gets to them. "What's going on? Why is Athena here?"

Jacob sighs, looking down while rubbing his neck. "Bella left."

Charlie looks to him sharply. "What do you mean left?"

"I mean, she left with Alice Cullen to go save Edward in Italy."

"What!" Charlie yells out in shock and anger, everyone stops what their doing and looks to them. Sue comes over and puts her hand on his shoulder, looking worried.

"What's going on here?"

Charlie huffs tiredly, he passes Athena back to Jacob who gladly accepts, and looks to Sue. "Bella decided to leave Forks to go save her ex boyfriend." He looks back to Jacob. "Did you try to stop her? Did she say anything before leaving?"

Jacob bounces Athena on his hip, her eyes starting to drop. "I tried to stop her, mentioning you and Athena, but she didn't care. She left a note for you to read on where and why she was going."

Charlie puts his head in his hands, sighing tiredly. "God, what is going on with her. Ever since she met Edward, she's changed." Sue rubs his shoulder.

"Sometimes boyfriends and girlfriends do that to people, changing them for the better or worse."

Jacob clears his throat. "Bella was going to take Athena with her to save Edward, but I stopped her." They look to him. "I didn't think it was a good idea to take Athena with her for something like that." He pauses. "She didn't really put up a fight either, easily left her with me."

Charlie pulls out his phone and dials a number in, trying to call Bella. It goes straight for voicemail when she doesn't answer. "You better call back Isabella, you are in big trouble." He puts his phone away and holds out his hands to Jacob, silently asking for Athena. He hands her over, she snuggles into his chest.

"Pappy, I'm tired."

He pats her back, softly. "Alright, we'll go now." He looks to Sue with an apologetic face. "Sorry Sue about leaving early, but I gotta take her home." He looks to Jacob. "Thanks Jacob, for telling me and looking after Athena.

Jacob waves him off. "It's no problem, I enjoy looking after her." Charlie smiled grimly before walking off to his car, Athena leaning her head on his shoulder tiredly. She waves at Jacob and he waves back.

{_}{_}{_}{_}{_}{_}{_}{_}{_}{_}

Emily's House

Emily is cooking in the kitchen, Sam is leaning on the counter and watching her from behind. A knock sounds through the house and they look towards the door. They both look to each other before Emily moves towards it. Opening the door, she sees Charlie and Athena, who is holding the later's hand tightly with her small fist. Emily smiles at them.

"Chief Swan, Athena. What can I do for you."

Charlie smiles to her, uncomfortably. "Hey Emily, I was wondering if you could look after Athena for me. I've got work, Bella's decided to go away and I don't know where Jacob is." Emily bends down the Athena's height.

"I will gladly look after this cutie for you." Athena smiles, lets go of his hand, hugs Charlies leg and runs into Emily's open arms, hugging her. Emily lifts her up, she looks to him. "Don't worry Chief Swan, she will be safe here." He nods in thank you.

"I'll pick her up later and please, it's Charlie."

She nods, moving back into the house. "Alright Charlie." He turns and hurries back to the cruiser. Emily closes the door and heads to the kitchen, she looks down at Athena. "Well, we'll go say hi to Sam and after, we can bake a cake if you want."

Athena smiles brightly up at her, nodding quickly. "Yes please!" Emily laughs, continuing to the kitchen.

{_}{_}{_}{_}{_}{_}{_}{_}{_}{_}{_}

Day's Later

Two days had passed, Athena spending most of her time at Emily's and Jacob coming over both days to spend time with her. Charlie, after work, going to spend time at Sue's, and both Leah and Seth finally joining the pack. Finally after those two days, Bella returns home but not alone.

{_}{_}{_}{_}{_}{_}{_}{_}{_}{_}{_}

Disclaimer - I do not own Twilight but I do own Athena Swan so no Stealing or copying please