'Birthday Disaster'

Forks High School

Edward, Bella and Athena enter through the double doors, suddenly Athena isn't in Bellas arms anymore and a wrapped gift appears in her face.

Alice presents it with Athena now in her arms. "Happy -" Bella shushes her.

"Shh"

Alice whispers in her ear as she hugs her. "- Birthday."

Over Alice shoulder, Bella sees Jasper, keeping his distance. He offers her a pleasant nod. She tries to hide Alice present, hoping no one notices but Athena leans over and takes it from her to look at it.

"Alice, didn't I say no gifts?"

Alice nods. "You did. I didn't. I've already seen you open it and guess what? You love it."

Bella looks to her with a raised eyebrow. "You had a vision about my birthday." Athena looks up from the gift to Jasper and waves. He gives her a wink. She smiles before playing with Alice's hair, Alice having taken the gift from her and giving it back to Bella.

"And about the green dress you'll be wearing to your party tonight. Great colour on you." Athena peeks up at Alice with bright eyes.

"Party?!" Alice bops her nose.

"Yep but no kids allowed" Athena pouts before going back to her hair.

Bella looks to her confused. "... My party? And why isn't Athena allowed?"

"Because it's just going to be us teenagers doing teenage things, nothing for a little kid." Alice looks to Bella with puppy dog eyes. "Please? It'll be fun."

"I... guess I can deal -" Alice quickly talks, cutting off Bella.

" - Great! See ya at seven!" Alice hugs her again, handing over Athena and races off before Bella can change her mind. Bella looks to Jasper accordingly.

"Wait, Jasper, no fair with the mood control." Athena giggles when Jasper winks at her, Alice drags him away. Edward chuckles while putting an arm over her shoulder.

"Vampires, you can't trust them."

{_}{_}{_}{_}{_}{_}{_}{_}{_}{_}{_}

English Class

Edward, Bella and Athena sit in the back of the room, desks pushed together, whisper - talking. Athena is drawing in between the couple, ignoring them.

"I hate being... celebrated."

"Come on, the last real birthday any of us had was Emmett's. You'll be helping us feel normal for a night. Then when it's Athena's, we will throw her a birthday party as well." Bella sits back, Edward grabs her hand a kisses the back of it.

"There are worse tragedies than a birthday. Look at Romeo, he's responsible for his wife's death. Who could live with that?" Edward looks to the screen. "... Though I do envy him one thing."

Bella blanches slightly. "Juliet's Alright... If you like that obviously beautiful sort of thing."

"Not the girl - the suicide." Edward explains from the look she gives him. "Nearly impossible for my kind. But humans, a little poison, dagger to the heart. There are so many options."