'Lets Ride A MotorCycle'

Forks High School
Cafeteria

Bella carries her tray to an empty table, Athena in toe with her backpack. Bella looks over at Mike, Angela, Jessica and Eric. Bella takes a breath, she looks down at her daughter.

"We're gonna go sit down somewhere else, ok Athena?" Athena looks up to her Mum with curiosity but nods.

"Ok Mamma." Bella walks over to her old table and casually joins them. Athena walks over to Angela and sits next to her, the older girl looks down and gives a warm smile. She smiles back before taking out her lunch from her bag. The group take notice of them joining but continue to talk.

"I'll kill Tyler if he gave me this flu." Jessica glares down at the table.

"It's going around. My sister was so sick she couldn't come on our hike this weekend... so she didn't see it." Eric gives Angela a look.

"Ang, maybe you should keep that to yourself-"

Angela argues back."We saw something, Eric."

He sighs. "I believe you."

Jessica scoffs. "No, he doesn't. He's just trying to get lucky."

Eric looks to Angela with hope. "Is that an option."

She ignores him. "Can we not discuss that in front of a three year old." Angela points down at the three year old at her side who is watching with curiosity while eating her lunch. "And, it was jet black and huge. On all fours it was still taller than a person. A bear maybe."

"Or big foot." Jessica jokes.

Mike snickers. "Or an alien. Lucky you didn't get 'probed.'"

"... we saw it." Angela says quietly. Athena wraps her tiny arms around Angela's waist and gives her a tight hug. Angela looks down to her with a small smile.

Bella sees that she's serious and a little scared. She speaks up. "You're not the only one." Everyone stares. "My dads been getting reports at the sheriffs station. A couple of hikers went missing. People are scared." Everyone is chilled at this, Athena hides into Angela's side.

Mike clears his throat. "I did hear some guy talking about it at the store."

Eric throws a arm around Angela's shoulders. "Last time you clowns doubt my girlfriend." As they continue, Angela mouths 'thanks' to Bella. They share a smile and join in. Athena watches her Mum with a smile, happy that she is becoming apart of the group again.

{_}{_}{_}{_}{_}{_}{_}{_}{_}{_}

A Clearing In Forks

Bella and Jacob faces are only inches apart. "You look scared."

"I'm not." Bella says, but she is clearly lying. They pull apart. Bella is straddling a now complete motorcycle. Jacob stands next to her, holding it up. Athena is sitting next to the truck, she has her colouring pencils out and is drawing inside a blank book.

The bike is aimed down a dirt road. Jacob is running through the instructions with Bella.

"Brake?" She taps it. "Clutch?" She squeezes it. "Right. Gas?" She grips it. "You ready?" Bella nods. Jacob grins. Athena lifts her head from her book, she is watching them with curiosity and interest.