side story; rosè pt. 2

ROSÈ

The blond-haired lad in front of me was my childhood friend. He knew my strengths and weaknesses. Almost every day of my life he was there until he left to be a trainee in BigHit. He did tell me about his fortunate upcoming but after he left, we weren't able to see nor contact each other again. For 17 years he never left my side but all of that changed when he started training to attain his dreams.

Don't get me wrong, I am happy and proud for him because that is what he wanted after all. It would be too greedy for me if I would let him stay.

"You know each other?" Jungkook, who was beside him, asked. Jimin nodded, "She's a childhood friend of mine."

Both my father and mother came to me and they were clueless that Jimin was beside me. Jimin bowed to them, "Good evening Chaeyoung's mother and father."
My parents smiled and diverted their at him quickly, "Yes, hello—" "Mom, dad, it's Chim oppa," I said to both of them which left them confused.

"You mean your childhood friend?", Mom asked and I nodded as a response. She gasped and hurriedly hugged Jimin tightly and kept on pinching his no-longer chubby cheeks.

"I didn't know it was you all along! You changed so much," my mother exclaimed. When she finally let go of the hug, Dad came and patted Jimin's back. "How are you, my boy?", he uttered. Jimin could only smile.

"We'll leave you two for a moment," Mom insisted and intertwined arms with Dad. Both my parents left and greeted with the other guests.

"Come," he grabbed my wrist to a balcony that wasn't very crowded. "How are you?", he asked while gazing at me. "I'm fine," I said and smiled at him softly.

"I heard about Taehyung and Lisa,"  he giggled. "Of course you did. You're both really close. You even went to the same school once," I uttered. He was rather surprised, "How did you know?" "Bangtan 's number one fan here!", I said jokingly and waved my hand in front of him.

"I thought you'd resent BTS after I left like that," Jimin said in sorrow. I hit his arm, "No way! At least you're happy." And gave him a warm smile.

"Why didn't you go to our concerts and fansigning events? You're rich after all," he asked out of the blue. I grinned softly, "You know how Lisa is, I didn't have someone to be with." "My friends aren't even that wealthy," I added.

Jimin let out a heavy sigh. He took out his phone and lend me it, "Save your number." I snickered and typed in my phone number.

We both catched up on what happened in our lives for the past four years. I even congratuled them for hitting big internationally plus winning a Western award. While we were talking, I kept on noticing him swiping his hands through his hair. It was a habit he formed since then and still had it 'til now.

Moments later, a young boy who seemed to be the same age as me suddenly came. I gazed at him for a long while and he did the same to me.

"Jungkook?", Jimin said in confusion. I immediately stood up and bowed to the brown-haired idol. He held my arm and made me stand up straight, "No need to be formal."

I turned to Jimin who also stood beside me. "Oppa, I need to go to the bathroom," I said direly. "Should I—", he insisted. "No! No need,"  I uttered nervously.

I hurriedly went to the comfort room and inside the cubicle for the disable. I walked back and forth in a quick pace, panicking or perhaps overwhelmed. I had no idea why I reacted that way. Was it the effect of my ultimate bias holding my arm?

I took a deep breath to keep myself calm and slapped my cheeks to get my senses back.

After I finally kept myself calm, I walked back to the balcony where Jimin was a earlier. "I took too long, right?" I asked.

When he turned to me, I didn't see Jimin but it was Jungkook. "Holy sh—" I immediately covered my mouth before I could even swear in front of my bias. I was startled that it was him and not Jimin. No wonder his figure looked taller.

I took a deep breath again for the second time to keep my chill. "It's you," I laughed tensely.

"You're Park Roseanne, right?", he asked all of a sudden. I nodded, "Rosè for short but Chaeyoung is fine." "I'll call you Chaeyoung then," he insisted and smiled at me.

"Jimin hyung told me that I'm your favourite among BTS," he said and I got flustered by his statement. "That's true, I guess," I muttered.

"So I presume you know a lot about me," he stated. I chuckled, "You can say that again." "Tell me about you, then," he asked straightforward.

"Well, I'm 21, same as you and I like pasta," I started out. "I'm an ARMY since your debut, too," I boasted.

"How were you childhood friends with Jimin hyung?", he asked. "Our parents are actually close. We went to the same school when we were elementary. In highschool, he did transfer to another school but since we were neighbors, we still see each other often," I answered.

"Who's this Lisa? I heard you're best friends and something is going on between them and Taehyung hyung, right?", he asked again. "Lisa is my best friend since highschool. She, too, knows about Jimin oppa. Yes, something is happening between her and V. They're very close nowadays," I answered back.

He nodded as a gesture that he was listening well. I carried on talking more about myself and answering his questions about me. I felt more comfortable as time went by and we laughed together and had much fun.

We also exchanged numbers. At first, I was very surprised by his action but I thought to myself to grab the chance.

30 minutes or so had gone by, my mother came. Jungkook bowed and greeted her. I checked the time on my phone and read 10:34 PM. I suddenly remembered that I still have classes tomorrow early in the morning and I cannot afford to skip one of them after I dropped my last class earlier.

I started to panic that my mother could only hold my hand to keep me calm. I tend to panic a lot and my friends noticed that I'm one emotional girl but I can't help it though.

I said goodbye to Jungkook and left him there. I looked for Jimin as well to bid farewell.

I didn't go straight to our dorm because my parents insisted to let me stay in our house for the night. Thankfully, we arrived on time. I quickly changed my clothes and remove my makeup. I skipped my skincare and thought I should do it tomorrow instead.

As I went to sleep, I thanked the gods for what happened today. From meeting BTS and reuniting with my childhood friend down to spending time and getting to know with my ultimate bias.

Dad didn't upset me at all.