fifteen; broken

ROSÈ
September  15, 2017 › 9:49 AM

It was another day but it wasn't just any ordinary day. Ever since the article about Jungkook came out, I was broken for some reason especially when I got to know who that mysterious girl was.

As soon as I came in my next class which I attend with Lisa, I avoided eye contact with her and promptly sat distant from her.

I can't help myself but be furious of her even if she was my best friend. She shouldn't have done that in the first if she truly was my friend. Now that I know everything, it made me think if she was actually sincere.

FLASHBACK
September 14, 2017 › Dorm

I kept my eyes glued on the monitor as tears continuously flow down my cheeks. Cheeks that were no longer as rosy as they were.

No matter how much as I want to forget about it, I just can't.

Examining the picture intently, there was a girl with long orange hair and she was wearing a black sweater with pink stripes. It felt strangely familiar.

I hurriedly barged into the other room and browsed the cabinet. Jisoo unnie was laying down her bed, playing with her phone. She was alone since Lisa's at work.

She paused for a while and asked, "What are you doing Chaeyoung-ah?"

I ignored her question and carried on looking into the pile clothes until I found what I least expected.

A black sweater with pink stripes.

I chuckled to myself in dismay and ran back inside to my room. I was left by myself as Jennie was still outside with her matters.

As soon as I got back inside, I locked the door so I'd be aware when someone gets in. I immediately got my phone out and dialed his number.

"Chae-chaeyoung," he greeted over the phone, stuttering.

"Jungkook," I chuckled, "I just saw the article."

"Chae—" he started to make excuses but I cut him off. I had enough listening to petty excuses yet in the end, it's all bluff.

"Do you like her?" I asked him without any hesitation.

"What?" he threw back a question instead of an answer.

"Do you like Lisa?" I repeated, gazing at the picture Lisa and I had back when we were kids.

He stayed silent for a couple of minutes that made me conclude; he does like that orange-haired girl.

He likes my best friend.

"Forget it," I uttered as tears build up in my eyes. "Thank you, Jungkook. Goodbye," without hearing another word from him, I hung up and ended the call as a teardrop escaped.

END OF FLASHBACK

Backstabbing her best friend was the least thing I expected from Lisa. Aware that I liked Jungkook, she was still able to chase after him.

I felt angry, furious, and betrayed.

Now, I no longer have any intention seeing Jungkook. It hurts too much.

Too much.

As lunch time came, the girls and I still ate together but I kept myself silent.

"Yah, Lisa," Jisoo called Lisa in a panicky tone with an anxious face.

She held her phone in front of Lisa. "Read it," she directed.

I looked at the doll-faced girl who had a nervous look on her face. Knowing what she must have read, I observed her well to see how she'd react.

She covered her mouth and looked at Jennie with a worried expression. Jisoo went behind Lisa and grabbed the phone. "None of this is true," she muttered and threw the phone on the table.

Lisa read it well and clear.

Minutes after the little commotion, a bigger one happened. Two girls came to our table and faced Lisa.

"Flirt!" they both shouted in unison and poured a drink on her. Everyone's eyes were her.

I somehow felt satisfied.

"Yah!" Jennie yelled back at them. "Are you okay?" she comforted the poor girl.

Jisoo helped her stand up and hurriedly dragged her somewhere out of the scene. I only sat watching them and didn't bother to lend a hand.

"Park Chaeyoung, are you stupid or something?" Jennie asked me, keeping a stern voice. "How could you be so lax?" she knitted her brows, "Are your even Lisa's friend?" and she left just like that.

I guess I'm not.

My eyes followed where Jennie exited and heaved a sigh to myself. I spared a look on the girls she pushed on the floor and chuckled.

I should give myself some time to feel at ease before I could confront Lisa. I, myself, know that this could lead to a broken friendship.

If that's what she asks, I'll give it to her.