fourteen; gold digger

LISA
September 15, 2017 › 7:56 AM

The day when the article was published, I wasn't acting pretty much like myself. Little by little, the energetic and hype Lisa was fading away.

Today, I woke up late. Jisoo unnie left me alone because she had an early class and I didn't want to burden her whatsoever.

I also skipped breakfast and only ate an oat bar on my way to school. Though I was only almost late for class, I was also debating whether to skip it or not but decided not to in the end.

The next class, I'm attending it with Rosè. I sat on the back with my bag on the seat beside me to save it for her.

Once I saw Rosè coming in, I gazed at her and was about to wave but then she avoided my eyes and sat in front.

It left me puzzled and confused as to why she did such thing. I brushed it off once the lecture started. At the end, Rosè was rushing to get out and didn't even bother to greet me.

Lunch time came and I can't help but feel a strange atmosphere between me and Rosè. It seemed like she was avoiding me for some reason.

In the midst of our meals, Jisoo and Rosè had a world of their own while Jennie was scrolling through the screen of her phone.

"Yah, Lisa," she aggressively called out my name with an anxious face. Her eyes were still glued on her phone while I was confused because she was panicking.

She held her phone in front of my eyes. "Read it," she directed and I did what she told me to do.

Reading the headline itself made me nervous. Jeon Jungkook's Mystery Muse. Out of curiously, I continued to read the article until I was in shock.

BTS' Jungkook was caught in a dating scandal and it turns out that the girl he was with is actually a college student. It was heard that this girl was trying to seduce the young idol for financial purposes.

The young student's name was Lisa Manoban. She's in a very poor state as of the moment that concludes, she was taking advantage of BTS' Jungkook for her own good. Indeed, a gold digger.

I covered my mouth and looked at Jennie with a worried expression. Jisoo went behind me and grabbed the phone. "None of this is true," she muttered and threw the phone on the table.

I conciously kept hearing people around me gossiping and whispering among themselves and eyes were on me. Two girls came to our table and confronted me.

"Flirt!" they both shouted at me in unison and poured a cold drink on me. I was left surprised at their action.

"Yah!" Jennie yelled back at them, gripping at their wrists and throwing them away. She consoled to me saying, "Are you okay?"

Jisoo helped me stand up and she dragged me to the comfort room. Keeping an agitated face, she walked back and forth inside the small area. "How did this happen?" she mumbled, tugging her hair in stress.

I cried my heart out and felt extremely weak. At this rate, I was wishing that I should die because of how unfortunate I was.

Jennie came in the comfort room and despite the narrow room, she still wanted to comfort me. "Let's get you cleaned up," she calmly said, helping me dry my hair.

Tears continuosly rolled down my cheeks and I can no longer hold them back. I hung my head and kept silent, sobbing as much as I can.

I, myself, know that what the article described about me were far from reality and I would never take advantage of someone's wealth. It just left me shocked how someone could formulate such false article.

As my eyes wear still filled with tears, I lifted my head up to face my unnies. "What should I do?" I asked with a trembling voice.

Jisoo stopped walking and came to me instead. "I'll deal with it," she uttered in confidence and gave me a reassuring smile.

"But you should get back to the dorm," Jennie suggested. "You can't attend classes like this."

Jisoo nodded, agreeing to Jennie's idea. "I'll stay with you," she insisted and I only kept silent.

My knees were weak and I felt numb but my unnies helped me get back to the dorm in time.

I sat on my bed, staring at the floor though my vision was quite blurry because of the tears.

Jisoo wrapped a towel around me. "Get some rest," she uttered with that gentle voice of hers.

I did what she told me to do and laid down on my bed. I closed my eyes and countless teardrops were still escaping.

I may look tough on the outside but I'm beyond vulnerable and fragile when it comes to matters like this. I can't help but pity myself.

A phone suddenly rang, it was Jisoo's. "It's your mom," she uttered, handing me her cellphone.

I returned it and turned my back against her. "Tell her I'm sick," I retorted with a quaking voice.

I closed my eyes and went to sleep hoping that everything will go back to normal when I wake up.

° ° °
A/N: sorry for the short update but I will make it up to you guys x

Don't forget to vote, comment, and follow!!