twelve; avoiding him

LISA
September 11, 2017 › 12:07 PM

I just got out of class and I'm about to see the girls in the cafeteria. My phone suddenly rang. When I saw Jungkook's name on the screen, I roamed my eyes around the surroundings, making sure that no one's following.

I answered the phone, "Bunny, what's up?"

He sighed on the phone. "You're still avoiding hyung?" he asked out of the blue.

"Avoiding?" I asked, playing dumb. "Pft! I'm not avoiding anyone."

Truth be told, I still am avoiding Taehyung. Lately, I kept on rejecting him whenever he wants to hangout with me. I know it has been more than a week but I can't help myself. But in some instances, I still kept on remembering Taehyung out of the blue.

"Whatever, Lisa," he retored. "Let's meet up at the park later."

"Time?" I asked and checked my watch.

"Six," he replied.

I was confused on why he chose an early time at a public place just to meet up. Jungkook, on the other hand, felt quite confident and relaxed.

"O-okay," I hesitated. "I'll see you later. Bye."

"Don't ditch me this time, young lady," he demanded.

I chuckled. "Yes sir," I responded and ended the the call.

I hurriedly ran to the cafeteria and saw the girls standing in line. They waved at me and I waved back at them.

"What took you so long?" Jisoo asked, gazing at me.

"Phone call," I retorted and waved my phone at their faces. I placed my phone back in my purse.

Once we were done ordering our food, we sat on one of the vacant seats to eat together, like how every day goes by.

Jennie paused eating and gazed at Rosè who had her focus on eating. "Chae, are you going to meet up with Jungkook again later?" the brown-haired girl asked and ate a spoonful of rice.

Rosè only shook her head as a response and continued eating.

Remembering when Jungkook pleaded for my help to get him and Chaeyoung close like how close Taehyung and I were, I did help him. Every now and then, Chaeyoung sometimes doesn't even get to see us at the end of the day because she hurries only to meet up with Jungkook. Thankfully, they weren't caught.

Rosè finished eating her meal in just minutes. "Lisa," she called out my name as she sits back. I paused eating my meal and glanced at her. "Jungkook told me you kept on avoiding V these days," she remarked, squinting her eyes. "What happened?"

I stared at my food and played with it for a couple of seconds before answering her. "I have been avoiding him," I retorted as I let out a sigh.

Jisoo then looked at me. "Why?" she asked.

I shrugged and chuckled. "You might think I'm too shallow."

The three girls shook their heads and leaned forward, waiting for me to speak.

"Lately, I feel awkward whenever I hear Taehyung's name out of nowhere," I uttered, leaning back.