thirteen; tear

LISA

September 13, 2017 › 7:02 AM

"Lisa!" an alarming voice suddenly called out my name as I felt someone constantly nudging my exhausted self. "Lisa, wake up!"

I slowly and carefully opened my eyes and saw a purple-haired girl in front of me. As I gently rubbed my sleepy eyes, she continued waking me up.

"Jisoo unnie?" I asked, fully opening my eyes. "What happened?"

She helped me get up and sit properly on the bed with her face quite anxious. "You need to see this," she worriedly uttered, handing me her cellphone.

I squinted my eyes of how bright the screen was. Once my eyes were fixed by it, I read the bolded headline out loud, "Jeon Jungkook dating?" I gazed at Jisoo's uneasy expression.

I scrolled downwards and saw pictures of me and Jungkook the last time we met at the park when we had a picnic. I was left frozen, staring at the screen.

"Please tell me this isn't you," she begged and held my hands.

I heavily sighed and hung my head in disappointment. "Unnie," I started as I closed my eyes, getting myself to admit. "That is me."

The eldest gasped, covering her mouth in shock. "Lisa, as long as no one will know it's you," she remarked, "it will be fine." She patted my back and I leaned on her for comfort.

"But we're not dating at all," I defended my self out of the blue as a tear rolled down my cheek.

Jisoo consoled me, brushing my hair gently. "I know and none of this is your fault, okay?" she reassured, patting my back. "You can ditch school," she suggested out of concern.

"No," I retorted and slowly sat up straight, wiping my tear. "I'll attend." I gave Jisoo a reassuring smile because she can't help but worry for me.

She could only nod and I left her sitting on my bed. I directly went to the bathroom to soothe myself and cheer myself up.

As soon as Jisoo and I were prepped— masking a smile, we met up with Jennie and Rosè who were also feeling blue. Jennie had her arm wrapped around Rosè to help her stand properly.

I only stood frozen in my place as Jisoo approached Rosè to comfort her.

"What happened to her?" she asked Jennie who was also comforting the brown-haired girl.

Jennie glanced at me then to Jisoo. "She saw the rumor online," she responded.

Jisoo gazed at me anxiously. I went back to my senses and hastily comforted Rosè out of sincerity.

"It's merely true, Chae," the eldest reassured the second youngest. "Let's go."

Each of us attended to our respective classes despite of how blue and sad this day is. During lunch time, we all just sat down and ate unpleasantly. My ears cannot be at ease whenever I overhear whispers and gossips across the hall that makes me feel conscious whether their talking about the news or not.

As dismissal came, we still gathered at the usual spot but the mood wasn't the same. I left first and headed to the bakeshop to try and distract myself from everything else.

When I just got to the bakeshop, my older co-worker approached me. "Lisa, someone's looking for you," she spoke, pointing to a table where a man wearing sunglasses was casually sitting.

For once, I hoped it was V because I can cry on his shoulder. But unluckily, the man wasn't who I expected it to be.

"Lisa," the man greeted in a serious tone.

"Hello," I greeted back and bowed.

He gestured for me to take a seat and so I did. The atmosphere felt very serious that it sent chills down to my spine, making me weak.

He took his glasses off and sighed in disappointment. I hung my head, knowing what topic he'll be bringing up.

"I'm sure you know me," he uttered as he looked at me intently.

I obediently nodded. "You're the manager ," I muffled.

The man nodded in response. "And you know why I'm here," he added.

"Yes," I replied and nodded in dismay. I let out a heavy sigh as well as the manager in front of me.

He placed his phone on top of the coffee table and slid it towards me, showing the article.

"Ahjussi," I started out, "there's nothing between me and Jungkook." I gazed at man intently to convince him.

He nodded as to agree. "I know. He told me," he remarked, leaning his back on the chair with arms folded.

I could only sit still, fidgeting my fingers and can't help but be nervous.

"I'm here to tell you," he stated and shook his head in frustration, "you can no longer cross paths with BTS."

I hung my head and closed my eyes, disappointed by what I got myself into. I knew something like this was going to happen but I am surprised that it was with Jungkook and not Taehyung.

"Even V," he added, making me look at him in shock.

I leaned forward, hoping that I just misheard it. "What?" I asked to clarify.

The manager, then, handed me a white envelope that seemed something thick was in it. "500,000 won," he uttered completely.

I took a look inside the the envelope and as what he said, money was in it. I swiftly glanced at the elder as he casually sips his coffee.

"500,000 won if you'd cut off your contact with the boys," he offered.

I chuckled in sarcasm and aggressively slammed the thick envelope on the table that left the man with no expression at all.

"I don't need your money," I rebuked and heaved a deep sigh. "I'll leave them alone if you want me to," I stated as I closed my eyes in dismay.

He nodded, compromising to my suggestion, and took the envelope back, placing it inside his coat. Once he stood up, I followed and bowed towards him.

"Thank you for your time," he said and inserted his hands in his pocket. "I'll go ahead then."

As soon as he finally left the place, my knees gave up, making me fall to my seat. My heart was pounding like crazy because of how nervous I felt.

Another tear escaped my eye at the thought that I'm restricted in seeing one of the people who makes me happy. No doubt that starting from now on, the boys will be watched in every move they make.

All I can do is to pretend that I never met Jungkook... and Taehyung.

° ° °
A/N: We reached 3k reads and 400 votes guys! Tysm <3 Hope this kind of support will go on til the final chapter :) Love lots xx