16. Eliza Gets A Boyf

Hamilton

Alexander groaned in disgust as he was woken up to a phone ringing. He opened his eyes and glared at it for a second before moving the glare to Thomas. 

"Tommy," he whined. "your phone's ringing."

Thomas groaned too. "Answer it then."

"What if I want to sleep?"

"Sucks to be you, you're the one that woke up to it, you're the one that answers it." 

Alexander groaned again and answered the phone. "Unless you're offering me at least ninety-six thousand dollars, please stop."

"Alexander! Great to hear your voice too, I need you and Thomas to watch Philip later today, please," Eliza said on the other line. 

"Liza, I love you and everything but you had to call this early for that?"

". . . Alex, it's almost two o'clock in the afternoon."

"Oh. Well, in that case, lemme ask Thomas." he put his hand over the speaker. "Hey, Tommy, you up for babysitting tonight?"

Jefferson just snored so Ham pulled his feet up and pressed them again Thomas's back. That woke him up.

"Good, you're awake, you up for babysitting tonight?" 

"Why?" Thomas whined, dragging out the word. 

"Because-- I don't know actually," Hamilton said pulling his hand away from the speaker. "Why do you need us to babysit?"

"I have a date!" Eliza squealed. 

Alexander shot up in the bed, leaving Thomas to complain about the cold, immediately going off about wanting to know everything about him. The most he got was that he was amazingly handsome and sweet. She didn't want to jinx anything by telling him the guy's name, though, so he was left in the dark about most of the important information. Eventually, he gave up on trying to weasel it out of her since she had the Schuyler stubbornness, instead, he agreed to the babysitting and hoped that he would be able to get information out of her later. 

He hung up after getting what time they needed to be over and sat for a second after he hung up, confused on whether he should actually get up or if he could get away with sleeping the rest of the day until he needed to be over at Eliza's. Thomas solved it for him by pulling him back down. 

"It's the middle of the night somewhere," he muttered when Alex complained about having to wake up eventually. 

With that reasoning, they stayed asleep until they needed to go. 

Once they were actually at Eliza's, which was nearly four hours later, they were pretty well rested. Alexander tried getting more information from his friend but the most he got was what she said over the phone and that she didn't want Pip to know about it yet. 

"Sure, he's been asking about a dad, but I don't want to say anything and get his hopes up or change his mind," the woman explained before she left. "You two know the rules! Have fun, I'll be back in a few hours!"

Eliza gave them both a kiss on the cheek and left. The two men went into the living room where Philip was sitting in front of the T.V. with Danny Phantom playing. Neither of them wasted any time sitting down to watch with him.

Not much else happened until Eliza got home. They all sat and binge-watched old cartoons that Thomas and Alexander had completely forgotten about until they saw Philip watching one.