34. Rachel Ray, Peter Griffin, Sam Adams, Papa John, Mario

Hamilton

Alexander opened his eyes as bright sunlight filtered through the partially opened curtains. The sound of laughter wafted to his ears, leaving him confused. He sat up and realized with even more confusion that he wasn't in his room with Thomas. Actually, as he really looked at the room, it looked like an exact replica of his childhood bedroom on Nevis. Everything down to the knock-off Lego blocks scattered on the floor.

The laughing from somewhere else in the house reminded him that there were others in the house. He followed the sound, stopping occasionally to notice how in place everything looked. 

As he entered the main room, which was just a living room, kitchen, and dining room combined, he froze. Everyone was sitting around a table, laughing like they'd known each other for their entire lives. Not everyone as in Thomas and his family, everyone as in, well, everyone that'd died, with the exception of two faces. 

Alexander couldn't form any words so he just cleared his throat. Everyone's heads turned toward him. Rachel stood from her chair. 

"Oh, my boy. . ." she breathed. "Come, join us. You must be so scared."

"Confused," he corrected, but he did what he was told. He looked at the faces that were sitting at the table and wanted to start crying.

"It's okay, Al," Peter said, reaching across the table to pat his cousin's hand. "You did your best." 

"Why are you talking to me like I'm dead?" Hamilton asked, looking at everyone. 

"Actually," Samuel joined in. "You are. As of right now, at least. You don't look fully dead, which isn't normal, I don't think. . . Rachel?" 

The woman shrugged. "They must have gotten you in time, which is a good thing." 

"Good how?" Alex asked. 

"Well, you get to survive," Peter said like it was obvious. "If you want to, obviously. You do want to, right?"

Alexander hesitated. He was looking at his family and the man that he couldn't save, he didn't even know if he wanted to leave that behind. Then it hit him. 

"Maria and John," he demanded. "I want to see Maria and John."

All of them pointed to a door that Alex remembered leading to the backyard at his childhood home. Slowly, he made his way over, hesitating at the door. He opened it and took in a sharp breath, which actually didn't even feel like a breath, at the sight of his best friend. John and Maria were facing away from him, so they hadn't realized he was even there yet. 

"Jacky," Hamilton whispered. John immediately turned around and Alex smiled wider than he ever remembered smiling. 

"Alex?! What are you doing here?" John asked. He didn't exactly sound happy to see his friend, which made the smile disappear. 

"That's a good question, actually. . ." 

"Andre," Maria supplied. "He betrayed Alex and recaptured him when he got out." 

John looked at Alexander, then to Maria, and back to Alexander. 

"You. . . You got out?" He asked Hamilton quietly. 

"It took forever, but yeah, I did." Alex wiped his eyes as the happy tears started falling. "Johnny, I am so sorry, I couldn't help and I trusted him even after he killed you and I just--"

"Wait Andre's the one that shot me?" Laurens asked rhetorically. "That actually makes a lot of sense. Anyway, that wasn't your fault. I got you out, that's what I promised Thomas. Speaking of, is he, you know, how's Thomas doing?"