four

Haneul had earbuds in as she wrote in her notebook

The drive back to the dorm was silent and awkward. The three boys played with each other and joked around, but they were unsure of what to say to Haneul.

"The smell of cinnamon..." she whispered. She suddenly looked up and took one of her earbuds out of her ear. "What did you smell when you walked into that store?"

Hoseok pointed to himself. "Me? Uh—it gave me a sense of warmth. The colors were really warm and reminded me of chocolate. There was an array of brown."

Haneul nodded and gave a small smile. "I like you. Thanks, you're a great help."

She resumed writing in her notebook, but she didn't put her earbud back in. She smiled to herself as she listened to the boys laugh and bicker with each other.

They didn't know that she paused her music while Hoseok was talking. The three boys in the van with her were part of her inspiration.

-the smell of cinnamon
-the memories of home
-the taste of chocolate
-the retro vibe
-multiple artists
-old school
-high school or middle school era
-the smiles music can produce
-the old times

Haneul always wrote down points before she made an actual song. She preferred to make soundtracks rather than writing lyrics, but she did love jotting down random thoughts. She was excited to work until sunrise.

Hoseok would sneak peeks at her while she wrote down points in her notebook with a smile on her face. He could see that she enjoyed writing and listening to music. It was obvious to a stranger that she only paid attention to her notebook and not her surroundings.