thirteen

Hoseok took a seat on the edge of her bed

Hoseok took a seat on the edge of her bed. Wrinkles formed around him as he dipped in the bed.

Haneul walked over to her desk and grabbed her brown leather notebook, pulling the ribbon to access the pages. She sat down next to him on the bed, flipping to a blank page with her pen in her hand.

"What type of song did you have in mind?" she asked.

Hoseok bit his lower lip. "To be honest, I just needed a reason to come see you."

Haneul looked up from her notebook to face Hoseok. "What? What do you mean?"

"Did that kiss affect you in any way, Haneul? Or was it just me? Am I the only thinking about it?"

"I—Hoseok, I'm not sure if this is okay. I technically work for you. This isn't professional."

"Does being professional really matter? I can date who I want. They just don't recommend it," Hoseok replied as if it were a natural thing to do.

"Hoseok, you're not acting like yourself," Haneul said, gently putting a hand against his chest .

He put one hand against her lower back and leaned in, pressing his cheek against the side of her head. His lips were nearly touching her earlobe as he whispered, "I'm still a man, you know? You shouldn't let a man into your room at night so easily."

Haneul didn't know how to respond. Strangers on the street have catcalled her before, but someone she knew never made a move on her after her last breakup in high school.

"I think... I think that you just like the fact that a woman is finally within your reach. Men have high hormones that shoot through outer space," Haneul replied.

What she was saying was true, but she never meant for it to sound so harsh. Hoseok, however, was not fazed by her bluntness.

"You might be somewhat right about that, but if you were 100% sure, I wouldn't be the first guy to come onto you then. The first would have been Yoongi or Taehyung. They both always have ideas going through their mischievous heads. I do like you, Haneul, but I'll lay off for a while until you come to realize that."

Hoseok moved away from her and smiled like a kid again. He switched faces rather quickly and that made Haneul think about why he wasn't an actor.

Hoseok put his hand on her thigh and pressed some weight on it with the same childish smile he would always have everyday. "I'll see you in the morning, okay, Haneul? I hope you won't be too mad at me." He pouted a little before swiftly moving towards her door. "Good night," he sang.

Haneul had no idea what just happened.