nine

Haneul noticed that the boys talked to her more

Haneul noticed that the boys talked to her more. She figured out that it was probably just because they were finally comfortable about her being int heir dorm. Yoongi never really talked to her much, but the two didn't mind each other.

They acknowledged each other's presence and greeted each other, but never made real conversation. The only time they truly talked was when the rap line and she were trying to figure out the lyrics to the rap of one of the new songs.

"So you want 'Shades of Joy' to be similar to 'Cypher?' " Yoongi asked.

Haneul made an uncomfortable sound. "Sorta. Think of it like this, Yoongi. Cypher 1 through 4 was great, but if we could mix 3 and 4 together to make a similar mix, then it could be even better. Obviously, we shouldn't make it so obvious that we got inspiration from it, so we should change some sounds and rearranged the beats. Instead of using the sound pad, we should use original sounds that can be found on the streets. Like, the sound of a car honking or a person riding a bicycle passing by."

Yoongi didn't even seem bothered by how much she was talking. The other boys would always be impressed when she ranted on about her ideas. All the boys were definitely different, but he preferred to keep to himself.

"That's a pretty good idea. Do you have any sounds on your computer that you've recorded?"

"I have tons! Do you have a particular sound in mind or would you like to go through all of them and insert them into the mix?" Hanuel asked.

He nodded as he pulled up a file on his computer. "Here—let's mix up some beats and make a mix, then test everything by adding some raps."

For the rest of the day, the two worked in silence. They created the soundtrack on a shared document, editing each other's work when something didn't sound right. They argued around one time every hour. Hanuel and Yoongi were both artists with their own opinions and preferred styles. Even though Hanuel often adapted to the artist she wrote for, Hanuel had strong opinions. Especially when it came to a world-famous k-pop idol group.

"I don't think this should start here! The sound clearly clashes with the other sounds from the sound pad!" Hanuel shouted.

"But when the sound clashes with the other sounds, the other sounds back off and the first sound stays for the beat!" Yoongi shouted back.

The two have been shouting at each other for a solid ten minutes. The other members were standing outside of his studio, listening to them argue. Yoongi noticed the shadows that were lingering outside his studio, but he refused to back down from his heated argument with Hanuel. It's been such a long time since he had fun like this.

Hanuel pouted. "You're not gonna let this go, are you?"

"No."

She sighed. "Since I'm employed by your company and for your group, I guess I have no choice but to listen to you. I'll strongly dislike you for this later."

Yoongi shrugged with a victorious smirk as he spun back to his computer screen with his chair. "I'm okay with that."