sixteen

Haneul hesitated and turned away, quietly walking to her next choice

She had a feeling that he would be in his studio. He never really left his studio. Haneul hoped that he would open the door for her if she knocked.

She didn't want to be awkwardly stranded out in the hallway. She knew that he was a good listener and that he had the best suggestions and opinions.

Haneul learned in her time with the boys that he was the person they usually went to for advice. So here she was, standing in front of his studio door with her hand raised.

She tapped her knuckles gently on the door, then dropped her hand by her side, hopefully waiting for the door to open.

"Haneul? What are you doing here? It's pretty late."

"Is it okay if I come in, Namjoon?"

He nodded and held the door open for her. He shut the door quietly once she got in. "Is everything alright?"

She shook her head. She didn't look sad in any way, but more regretful and confused. She pulled out her phone and showed him the text that Sungwoon sent.

"He's part of Wanna One, right? I didn't know you dated him..."

"It was in high school. Things didn't end quite well and our relationship was rocky. We started back off as friends again, but it was still awkward. I just drifted away from him again. I couldn't stand the thought of seeing him again and pretending that everything was alright."

"How long has it been since you've seen him?" Namjoon asked.

Haneul stayed silent. "A good seven months. I was traveling during that time. I was always working with other artists, but I started to travel after deciding to ignore Seongwoon. Then, I received a call from Uncle Sejin a month ago when I was in Brazil. Now, we're here."

"Maybe you should go see him. Listen to him, but don't let him distract you with lunch or part memories about high school. Get straight to the point," Namjoon told her.

Haneul nodded and gave Namjoon a hug. Her arms were wrapped around his waist and she buried her head into his chest. He hugged her back and patted the top of her head.

She raised her head up to look at him. "While we're on the topic of my life problems, can we talk about Hoseok?"

"J-Hope? What about him?"

"We kissed."

"You two kissed?" he asked. "Haneul, Hoseok is...dangerous in a way. You have to get to know him before doing something like that."

"Whoa, you make it seem like I came onto him. He's the one who initiated the kiss. Besides, I'm telling you this because I want to know if you know why he kissed me," she admitted.

Namjoon bit the corner of his tongue. "As you know, we're always busy. We never have time to even hang out with anyone outside of Bangtan. And if we date a girl, some ARMY usually lashes out at us and start to be hateful. That's what usually happens to male idols with girlfriends. Even if we don't date a girl, but we're seen out with one, it's the same situation."

"Where are you going with this, Namjoon?"

"Guys have high hormones. We all watch porn in the workroom and we never have anyone to help us. Do you see where I'm going with this? All the guys could take advantage of you, and I think J-Hope is trying to protect you from the rest of the guys, but not from him."

"He could be using me for my body?" Hanuel asked.

Namjoon nodded. "Any of the guys could, Haneul. Even me. That's why you should be careful around us."

"Why are you warning me to be careful around you if we're literally hugging each other in your private studio?" she questioned.

"Because I'm happy with watching porn and not having sex with you."

Haneul shook her head to get the image out of her head. "That's my cue to go back to bed."

She withdrew from the hug and starting walking to the exit, until Namjoon said something that made her stop.

"Be careful of Hoseok though. He's keeping he rest of the guys in check, but he's not keeping himself in check. After all, he still is a man."