twenty-one

THREE MONTHS LATER

THREE MONTHS LATER

"Hey—" Haneul knocked on Hoseok's open door "—can you help me get ready for my date tonight?"

He looked up from his laptop on his bed. "You have a date tonight?"

Haneul nodded. "Yeah, I thought I told you?"

Hoseok scrunched his face. "Did you? I must have been out of it. I've been working on 'Vanilla' too much."

She laughed. "It's because it's such a good song. I wrote most of the lyrics, after all."

Hoseok threw his BT21 pillow at her. "I helped too!"

"I know, I know," she replied, throwing her hands in the air. "I'm just saying though. Anyway, my date?"

"Oh—right! Who is it with?"

Haneul shrugged. "No one special. He's just a pretty chill guy."

"What's his style like?" Hoseok asked.

"He's a pretty happy guy. He's never depressing and always makes me laugh. I always go to bed, thinking of him. I guess you could say he's my only hope in life after everything I've gone through with Sungwoon," Haneul admitted.

"He sounds like a great guy for you."

Jimin lifted his eyes up from his phone to look at his hyung. He could not believe how stupid Hoseok was. Jimin's face recoiled in disgust as he secretly threw shade at Hoseok.

"Hyung—never mind," Jimin shooed away, curling underneath his blankets.

"Maybe you should borrow Jungkook's military jacket and pair with it black jeans and a stripped top," Hoseok suggested. "And just wear minimal makeup. I don't think you need to go all out unless you're going to a gala or something."

"I'm not. Trust me. It's more of a 'let's go get some tea at Starbucks and come back home to watch Netflix' type of date," she explained.

"You're going to go to his house and watch Netflix with him? Have you ever heard of Netflix and chill?" Hoseok asked. "That's something you shouldn't be doing!"

Haneul groaned. "You're not my dad. Besides, I think you're going to be okay with it."

"I clearly voiced out that I would like you to not do that!"

Jimin groaned from under the sheets. "Hyung, you're so oblivious!"

Haneul nodded. "You really are."

"Doesn't Netflix and Chill mean that they're going to watch Netflix and have sex?" Hoseok asked.

"Yes," Haneul and Jimin responded.

"But isn't that bad if Haneul is going to do that with someone we don't know?"

Jimin sighed and threw off his blankets. "This hyung," he muttered. Jimin started walking out of the door. "Her date is you!" he angrily shouted.

"I thought Namjoon was supposed to be the one that couldn't take hints," Haneul commented. "Thanks for the outfit plan though. I'll take it into consideration if that's the type of style you like. Thanks for the help!"

She waved goodbye as she walked out of his door with a jump in her step. She was satisfied with the result she got. If Haneul was a puppy and had a tail, it would be wagging furiously.

"Wait—! Haneul, come back here! You're not giving me context! I need context! My mind is very jumbled right now!"

Hoseok ran after her with a shriek. He chased her down the long corridor and tried to find her for their future date that night.

It wasn't just Haneul that was eccentric. Hoseok was too. They were a new kind of power couple that was made through friendship. Haneul proved that eccentric people gain more attention. She never tried to get boys attention, but she got it. She gained Sungwoon's attention in high school, and now Hoseok's attention through her music.

The Bangtan boys already feared the loudness and energy that would come from the soon-to-be power couple.