New Year

The streets were less busy than usual considering the time of year it was or better yet the new time of year it was going to be. Walking to the local cafe, and ordering his usual order of hot chocolate due to the taste of coffee being bitter to him and well it was an acquired taste that didn't suit him. He quickly sat down, before pulling out a piece of paper from his sketchbook and his pack of pens and pencils. He sighed before starting to sketch, a random sketch but nonetheless a sketch.

Soon his complete focus was on the sketch with only a couple of breaks for his hot chocolate. As he added some details, he felt cold coffee on his lap and his paper. As he saw the paper soak up the coffee, he felt the disappointment hit him. As he looked up, he saw a brunette next to a blonde who had their eyes wide open. "Hails,look what you did!" The brunette had sort of yelled towards the blonde before approaching Y/N and noticing the now coffee stained drawing.

"I'm so sorry. My friend and I should have been more careful, I'm sorry about your drawing" she said while handing Y/N napkins.

"It's fine, really. No harm done well except the drawing but I can just redraw it again. But I should get going" Y/N said as he dried off as much as possible rubbing before collecting his stuff.

"I'm so sorry again, really" the brunette said before Y/N gave her a smile. "It's fine, honestly but I better be on my way. Oh happy new year's eve" he said before walking away forgetting the drawing. He quickly rushed out the door before the two girls noticed the drawing.

"He forgot his drawing" the blonde said before the brunette picked it up rushing out to find him but he was long gone.

Back at his house,Y/N had gone to get showered due to the smell of the bitter coffee and the stickiness of it. Getting out the shower, he looked for
the drawing hoping to maybe incorporate the coffee stain somehow into the drawing.

Rummaging through the bag he found it empty before groaning, oh well he'd have to start over. Sighing he went to his desk before opening his computer. He had a commission due in two weeks but he could due it later. Instead he fell into a hole in YouTube, and well it was a couple hours to say the least.

Finally getting up, he glanced at the time. The restaurants would be packed but he needed some fresh air and he was feeling lazy to cook. So he grabbed a coat and his phone along with his wallet before leaving his apartment.

Walking past restaurants, he finally stopped at one he knew wouldn't be too crowded. He then was let in and ordered his usual order of burger and fries. As he waited a group came in,but he paid no mine. They were probably going to celebrate the upcoming new year at the restaurant. As he looked around, he spotted two familiar faces. The brunette and the blonde from earlier. Maybe it was just a coincidence but he saw another brunette whisper something to the brunette he saw at the cafe causing her to look around before he quickly looked away.

Hopefully his food would come out soon so he could just go home. He didn't feel like talking to anyone, besides he was used to being alone and he didn't mind it.

But at the other table, they had other plans. "Hey psst Ken, that guy was staring at you" a brunette told the other brunette from earlier. "Who are you talking about, Bells?" She replied looking around before seeing a head quickly turn around.

"He might be with someone, besides probably just noticing who we are" she said before engaging in the conversation with a few glances towards the guy. His head turned while glancing out the window and she finally recognized who he was. As the rest of the table drank, they slowly started to spread causing the brunette to approach the guy who finished up his food.

"Hey, you're the guy from the cafe. Again I'm sorry about what happened" the brunette told him, causing him to look shocked before responding, "oh it's fine again. My name is Y/N by the way."

"Kendall, and uhh you forgot your drawing at the cafe. I hope you don't mind but I took it with me since I couldn't find you. I really like your drawing by the way" she said which caused a smile to show up on his face.

"Oh thank you, wait would you like to a seat?" He's said fiddling with his ring. "So what art do you typically draw?" She says taking a seat.

"Well I draw anything really but I like to draw still life, but what about you? What are some of your hobbies?" He says slowly growing some more confidence.

"Oh I love horse back riding and photography. I just love capturing my friends or different areas of nature." She says causing Y/N to notice the sparkle in her eyes with talking about photography.

He allowed her to talk while he listened and answered some of her questions. He saw the spark in her eyes while talking of her loved ones and he wanted to maintain that spark. He saw how her face lit up causing him to pay attention to every little detail even learning her friends names.

Soon the place was rowdy with yelling but the only thing the two would do is talk well more like she talked and he listened. Soon the place was counting down and as the clock hit one, he found himself wrapped in a hug.He was uncertain at first but quickly hugged back.

A smile appeared on his face and he thought "maybe this year won't be so bad after all."