Chapter 04 : Find out who am I and find out who you are!

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL MY LOVELY READERS!! Here you go with the next chapter. I hope you will like it…

*** CHAPTER 4 ***

Vidhaan, to his astonishment, finds himself standing at the same lonely place again. The lights flicker and the same radiant face emerges once again amidst the white light. But this time the distressing look has vanished and rather a beautiful smile has graced his angelic face. Vidhaan feels ecstatic seeing him happy and then hears the same voice again. As expected from his expressions, this time the anxiety in the voice has been replaced by a sigh of relief and those black orbs, filled with gratitude, look at Vidhaan.

Voice: I’m glad! I’m glad that you didn’t ignore me. Neither me nor the voice of your conscious. Thank you for coming here.

Vidhaan: You’re Shlok, right?

Voice: Everything, you know of, is going to change forever. You have so much to face from now on. The things you might be running from now on will be your destiny one day. But remember, I’ll be there with you as long as you need me.

Vidhaan: (loudly) Why don’t you answer my question? You’re Shlok, right? Are you even real or just my imagination?

Voice: That’s for you to find and not for me to tell. Find out who am I and find out who you are and everything will fall into place.

Vidhaan: What do you mean by find out who am I? I’m Vidhaan.

Voice: Are you sure?

The amusement is clear in the voice and Vidhaan scrunches his brow in confusion. How come this voice is questioning his own existence?

Vidhaan: Yes! I’m sure. I’m Vidhaan and that’s what I’ve been all my life.

Voice: Haven’t I told you that everything you know of is going to change very soon!

Vidhaan: This doesn’t make any sense!

Voice: Everything will start making sense soon, just believe in yourself.

Vidhaan: At least tell me what you mean? Do you know something that I should know as well? Is anything going to happen?

Voice: And follow what your heart says! Don’t listen to anyone else.

Vidhaan: What are you trying to say? At least tell me are you even real!

Voice: Good bye. Will meet you soon again! I’ll be there whenever you’ll need me. Just call me with a true heart.

Vidhaan: But… (the image starts fading away amongst the white light again) No. Wait!

-----------------------.

Vidhaan gets up with a jerk. His breathing coming out in pants as he shivers thinking of the dream again and again. Sweat beads cover his forehead and are falling down from the tip of his hair seeping inside his t-shirt. He takes a quick glance around and finds himself in a different place, not his own room where he has been ever since he remember. Then he recalls the incidents of past two days and how everything he knows of has started to change. Just like the way the voice in his dream has said.

He shifts his gaze towards the bed and finds Swara sleeping peacefully. She is sleeping as if she’s been awake for ages. Vidhaan gets up from the couch and takes a glass of water. He finds himself relaxing a bit after gulping down the whole glass of water in one go. Making his way towards the washroom he takes out his lenses carefully and splashes water onto his face to get over the remaining uneasiness.