Chapter 09 : I hate it when I have to lie to her!

*** CHAPTER 9 ***

Damn! Where did it go?

His right eyes is still black but his left eye… brown… chocolate brown… the original color of his eyes. How could he be so careless to miss his contact lens? Well, he hasn’t been in the right state of his mind for last few hours, agreed, but that’s not an excuse to miss his lens!

Freaking out like hell, Vidhaan starts searching everywhere in the room. On the chair he has been sitting on for sometime, under the chair, under the table and even under the bed, but he still hasn’t find his black eye lens yet. Laksh and Ragini keep following all his movements with their eyes and their foreheads crinkled in confusion and worry.

Ragini: Vidhaan? Have you lost something?

He replies something but all comes out is a muffled whisper as he sticks his head under the bed.

Laksh: (confused) What?

Vidhaan: (coming out from under the bed) My eye lens is missing.

Ragini: Shit!

Laksh: Don’t you have any other pair of lenses?

Vidhaan: (shakes his head vehemently) No! I don’t.

Ragini: Double Shit!

Vidhaan: (rolls his eyes) Instead of cursing, please help me in finding it out before Swara does.

Ragini: Yeah! Right.

Vidhaan: But it’s not here. Maybe, in the corridor where I accidentally bumped into you.

Ragini: Let’s go then. What are you waiting for?

Vidhaan nods his head and runs out towards the corridor. What will he do if it’s not there? It has to be there! He can’t let such a small thing ruin everything, that too when he has so many questions still unanswered.

Ragini turns towards Laksh who is leisurely sitting on the edge of the bed. She narrows her eyes at her husband. Isn’t he supposed to be helping them?

Ragini: Come on Laksh! What are you waiting for? An invitation?

Laksh: (complaining) But why me?

Ragini: (tugs at his arm) Mr. Laksh Maheshwari, stop whining like a child and follow me. He needs our help and more than him Swara.

She yanks him out of the room holding his hand firmly and Laksh quietly complies and follows her but not before making several weird faces at his wife’s back.

----------------------.

As Laksh and Ragini reach the corridor they find Vidhaan leaning down trying to look under a wooden cabinet holding a beautifully ornamented flower vase. Ragini quickens her pace reaching next to him.

Ragini: Did you find it?

Vidhaan: No! But it should be somewhere here. How can I miss it?

Ragini: Relax Vidhaan. It’s not your fault.

Vidhaan: It is my fault, Ragini. I can’t… I…

Laksh: Relax, we can find it together. You look over here. Ragini, you to the right and I’ll look in the left side.

All three of them nod their heads and turn in their respective directions when a voice stops them dead in their tracks.

“What are you three doing?”

No. No. No. This can’t be happening. Vidhaan instantly closes his eyes recognizing the voice without a fault. For sure, Swara is the last person he wants to see right now but now she is standing in front of him staring at him intently. Even with his eyes closed he feels her heated glare on the side of his head. There’s no way he’s opening his eyes now!