Chapter 32 : Leaving is not an option for him!

A/N

Hello everyone! Just a small note before we start. This is about the new book STAR-CROSSED : WHEN LOVE MEETS FATE that Egeria_Anjali and I are bringing to you together. So, please have a look at the book. That would really mean a lot to us.

The prologue of the story will be posted tomorrow.

Happy Reading!! (P. S. : The proof reading of this chapter is yet to be done. So, kindly forgive me for the grammatical and typing mistakes well in advance 🙈🙈)

*** CHAPTER 32 ***

Vidhaan beta…”

The slightly weak voice from the other side of the mobile phone breaks his sleep instantly. Recognizing the voice, Sanskaar sits upright on his bed glancing at the wall clock. It’s 4:00 am. Why’s there a call so early in the morning? He scrunches his brows in confusion contemplating the odds. Hasn’t he been on a holiday?

Sanskaar: Hemant Uncle?

Hemant: Y-Yes! Sorry for waking you up early in the morning, beta. But I’m unable to reach Mr. Durga Prasad Maheshwari at this moment.

Sanskaar: So, do you want me to wake him up?

Hemant: (shouts immediately) No! Please, no! I don’t have that much time.

Sanskaar: What’s wrong, Uncle? You don’t sound alright. You were on a leave, weren’t you?

Hemant: Leave? No, I’m… I’m in Kolkata.

Sanskaar: (confused) You’re in Kolkata? But…

Hemant: I… I’ll tell you everything. But please, can you come and get me before that? I… I don’t know what to do! They are after me…

Sanskaar: After you?! What…

Hemant: Please come and get me, beta. I won’t be able to hold for much longer.

Sanskaar: What do you mean? Uncle, are you hurt? Please don’t worry. I’m on my way. Just tell me where are you.

With the mobile phone still in his hand, Sanskaar leaps out of his bed. Grabbing the key from the holder near the door, he dashes out of his room as Hemant guides him to his exact location.

Sanskaar: Don’t worry, Uncle. I’m on my way. I’ll be there within an hour.

Sanskaar?”

His hurried voice are instantly brought to a stop no sooner he disconnects the call by a voice calling him out from behind. Turning around he comes face to face with his confused mother, who by now has already started moving towards him.

Sanskaar: Maa, what are you doing so early in the morning?

Annapurna: I was going to the kitchen to get some water. But the question is, where are you going at this hour?

She glances at the key in his hand suspiciously and then at her son with an unknown fear rising in her heart.

Annapurna: Are you going again?

Sanskaar: Yes. I mean… no.

Annapurna: Has anyone said anything? Has anything happened? You know you don’t have to go. We can sort it out together. I…

Sanskaar: Maa. Maa. Maa. I’m not going anywhere. Relax.

He stops her immediately taking her face in his palms. But Annapurna’s heart, still shrouded with the clouds of suspicion, refuses to acknowledge the words her ears are hearing.