Chapter 38: Is this the end?

Hello everyone!

I’m so sorry for being temporarily invisible. I had my PCS examinations and also a family member of mine from the in-laws side has met with an accident. So, with all the well wishers pouring in continuously, things became pretty much hectic for me. You know right, you can ignore things once if you are the daughter of the family but not pretty much so when you are the daughter-in-law. But anyways, I’m back on my schedule and will update the stories regularly.

This chapter is especially dedicated to Sirishajain17 as it was her birthday on 16th. Belated Happy Birthday, sweetheart! May God bless you and may you achieve all you deserve. Stay safe and healthy. I wish you all the luck and happiness. ❤️✨🎉🎂🍫 I was aiming to publish this chapter on 16th only but because of some unforeseen situations, I couldn’t, and I know it was my fault anyways. I’m so sorry for that!

On a second thought… How about you all tell me your birthdates as well? I can’t promise that I will remember all the dates but I would love to know the special days of all my readers who have been supporting me continuously

On a second thought… How about you all tell me your birthdates as well? I can’t promise that I will remember all the dates but I would love to know the special days of all my readers who have been supporting me continuously. The love and support really means a lot to me. ❤️

Here is the next chapter of the story. I hope you all will like it. Happy Reading!

*** CHAPTER 38 ***

With all those memories etched on the pages of the photo album, Sanskaar is being taken down the memory lane as he turns them over one by one. Though, he has never been a part of those memories, he looks at those photographs and feels as if he has always been there. A part of his has lived in Shlok. Right from the moment they were born, they reflected the warmth of each other. Maybe that is what makes twins different from other siblings. The bond they shared… much stronger. Seeing Shlok’s smile in those pictures renders a strange placidity to Sanskaar’s heart.

And then a photo on the second page of the album catches his eye. Most possibly, this is the only photograph his parents have of his. As he recalls his mother’s words, he realizes that this is the only moment his mother has had held him. Wrapped up in two white towels, Annapurna has Sanskaar in her arms and Durga Prasad has gathered Shlok in his embrace tenderly. And as both them give feather like kisses on their sons’ foreheads, the picture has been clicked. Looking closely Sanskaar sees the two ‘S’ shaped pendants dangling over their chests, much larger for the newborns.

Unknowingly, his finger traces the outline of the pendent that rested a little above his chest now. A huge lump constricts at his throat and a veil of tears blurs his vision. The pain comes in waves and he blinks those lashes heavy with tears. Why all of it had to go this way? Why was all of this snatched from them? Where have the things gone wrong? A silent resolution is made… no matter what it takes, he will not spare all those who have wronged his brother, his parents and him.