Chapter 23 : I want to be your wife!!

*** CHAPTER 23 ***

“Is it necessary to go?”

Vidhaan sighs for the umpteenth time as he hears Swara asking the same question again. Ever since morning, she has been asking him the same question continuously and now as he fixes his necktie standing in front of the mirror, she asks it again.

Vidhaan: What happened, Swara? Is something bothering you?

Swara: I-I don’t know why but I don’t feel very good today.

Vidhaan furrows his eyebrows noticing her creased features in the mirror and turns around. Placing his palm gently over her shoulders, he nudges her chin up with two of his fingers to let his eyes meet hers.

Vidhaan: What wrong? You know you can tell me, right? Are you not feeling well? Do you have a headache? Do you want me to call the doctor?

Swara: Sanky!

Vidhaan: Have you eaten something? Do you feel uneasy? Oh God! Did you have a fight with someone?

Swara: What? No… I…

Vidhaan: Shall I call Ragini? Or shall I call Maa? Wait, yes… I shoulddd…

And with a gentle press of her soft lips on his, Vidhaan’s rant comes to an abrupt impasse. The kiss comes as a surprise to him and he fails to respond back to her before she pulls back. He gulps and looks at Swara who is looking back at him with an indecipherable expression.

Swara: Tsk, Sanky! Kitna bolte hain aap?! You know there’s a thing called… breathing. You should try it often while speaking.

Vidhaan: Excuse me! Are you making fun of me?

Swara: Happy realization, Mr. Maheshwari. I’m so proud of you!

Vidhaan: (rolls his eyes) Alright. Alright. But on a serious note… Are you okay?

Swara: I’m fine. Maybe I’m just overthinking.

Vidhaan: Don’t worry. I’ll be back soon. We just have a meeting with some important foreign clients, so, I’m expected there. Even more so when the Sen Guptas will also be there.

Swara: (narrows her eyes) Sen Gupta? Means Sahil will also be there?

Vidhaan: (shrugs his shoulders) Most probably, yes! I think he’ll be there.

Swara folds her arms across her chest and narrows her eyes pouting her lips.

Swara: I don’t like him.

Vidhaan: (chuckles) I don’t like him either. But I can’t help it. I have to go. Just take care of yourself. Okay?!

Swara: (nods her head) Okay! Bye.

In a swift movement, Vidhaan wraps her in his embrace pulling her for a warm goodbye hug and unknowingly Swara’s heart skips a beat once again. His proximity has always had this effect on her and she couldn’t help but smile.

Vidhaan: (whispers) Good bye!

Swara: (pulls back) Tsk, Mr. Maheshwari! You don’t even know how to bid goodbye to your wife!

Vidhaan: Huh?! Wha…

Even before he could complete, Swara gets a hold of his shirt’s collar and pulls him closer eventually placing her lips on his. Vidhaan’s heart hammers crazily inside of his chest. But with one stroke of her lips over his, he loses it all once again. With his palms placed tenderly at either side of her bare waist, he finds himself responding to her kiss with equal tenderness. Swara smiles against his lips before pulling back and giving him the heart stopping smile… the same smile that makes her eyes twinkle, just the way he loves.