Chapter 25 : GET UP!!

*** CHAPTER 25 ***

Swara anxiously shifts her gaze from one family member to another just waiting for someone to say that whatever she has interpreted is wrong, that whatever she has concluded is wrong, it is just her thinking that way and it’s nothing like that but to her utter dismay nothing of that sort happens. Instead the pale, dull faces with uncertainty quite evident in their eyes break every last bit of her hope and she stumbles in her steps.

He’s not Shlok! He’s not her husband!

With the realization dawning upon her, every dream she has had of a beautiful future ahead with ‘him’ gets crushed mercilessly and all of it stumbles down to her feet shattering her heart into innumerous pieces.

Swara: You all have been lying to me! All this while?!

She still fails to believe that the ones she has so proudly called as her own have cheated her. Annapurna takes a step ahead to console her daughter and Swara takes several steps back.

Annapurna: Swara, beta. Just listen.

Swara: Where is Sanky?

Annapurna: Swara…

Never in her life has she felt so helpless that she has to tell her daughter-in-law that her husband is no more! That her son is no more! Can a mother be any more helpless? With every step Swara takes away from her, Annapurna feels her heart breaking even more.

Swara: Where is Shlok, Maa? Don’t tell me all of you left him there only? We…

Laksh: What do you mean by ‘there only’? Swara… do you remember anything?

Laksh interrupts immediately and that comes like a shock to everyone. All of them have been wishing for Swara to remember everything but never have they ever expected her to remember everything like this, in such a situation.

Swara: W-What…

Laksh: What happened that night, Swara?

Swara: What happened? Don’t you know… Wait… You all did leave him there, right? Then, why are we here? We should go?

Annapurna: Swara, listen. Shlok…

Swara: Yes, Shlok. Your son, Maa. He’s hurt and we have left him there. He must be in so much pain, Maa. We have to go.

With that being said, she turns around to run out of the hospital but is instantly held back by Laksh holding her wrist.

Laksh: Where are you going, Swara? First listen to what we all are saying?

Swara: What is there to listen, Laksh? Your brother…

“IS DEAD!!!”

And with Laksh’s one shout everything goes silent. Swara, being caught dumbfound, fails to mumble even a single thing. Dead?! And the very next moment, everyone is stunned even more by an ear piercing sound as a callous slap lands on Laksh’s face.

Swara: How dare you, Laksh? How can you say such a thing about your brother?

Laksh: He. Is. Dead. Swara. And the other one is on the verge of dying. Please… please get a hold of yourself.

Swara: I…

She opens her mouth to protest again but the next moment the door to the ICU opens and doctor steps out.

Durga Prasad: Are you all ready?

Doctor: Yes, Mr. Maheshwari. We are taking him for the operation. Any more delay will cost him his life.