Chapter 07 : How could he...

*** CHAPTER 7 ***

“How have you been?”, the voice in his dreams booms again and Vidhaan looks everywhere trying to figure out where the owner of the voice is. Soon enough, as usual, a figure emerges out of the white light and smiles at him.

Voice: All okay?

Vidhaan: I’m nervous!

Voice: Don’t worry! They will believe that you are Shlok!

Vidhaan: Just like that? I highly doubt it.

Voice: Will you do something if I ask you to do so?

Vidhaan: If you haven’t realized then let me tell you I came here just because you asked me to do so!

Voice: (chuckles) Yeah! Right! You’re very obedient, I must say.

Vidhaan: So, what do you want me to do now?

Voice: No matter what happens, just don’t lose your calm, and for heaven’s sake please stop being so sweet!

Vidhaan: (narrows his eyes) I’m not sweet!

Voice: (amused) Yes, you are! Just be your calm self, minus your sweetness and plus some arrogance. I guess that would do.

Vidhaan: I don’t understand what you are trying to say.

Voice: Didn’t I tell you last time that I’ll always be there whenever you’ll need me. I guess you really need me now as you are going to the office for the first time tomorrow morning.

Vidhaan: So, you’re helping me out?

Voice: Is that even a question? And yes one more thing…

Vidhaan: What?

Voice: As the meeting starts and when everyone would be looking at you, just pick up the circular paper weight from the table and twirl it around there, and make sure to do this from right to left.

Vidhaan: (raises an eyebrow in confusion) And why should I do that?

Voice: Because you can pretend to be someone but habits are something you can never imitate.

Vidhaan: What does that mean?

Voice: Just do these two things and everyone will believe that you are Shlok!

Vidhaan: But…

Voice: (playfully) And don’t even try to refuse! Do you want to sleep peacefully in future or not? I’ll haunt you every night if you don’t do these things.

Vidhaan: (shocked) What?!

Voice: (chortles) Will see you soon!

Vidhaan: Wait…

But just like always shooting the last smile in Vidhaan’s direction, he disappears again, no matter how hard he tries to make him stop.

----------------------.

Vidhaan opens his eyes and the light in the room makes him blink continuously to adjust his eyes to the brightness. It’s morning already. Unlike every time, when he wakes up from his dreams hyperventilating and sweating profusely, today he is confused. Should he do what his dream has asked him to? For last two weeks, everyone has been helping him out and preparing him for the meeting today. And by everyone, he means everyone, including Laksh. Though Laksh is still not very fond of him but he has been trying his best to be civil with him for Swara’s sake.