In the Dark of the Night (part: 1)

A/N: Welcome to my once-every-million-year update.

This one-shot will be a two-parter, Hopefully not more.

Anyways, I got this idea when watching Anastasia, (I lovvvvveeee that movie). "In the Dark of the Night" came on and you already my imagination was on it.

Regina was married off to Leopold at a very young age and obviously she went through shit, some marital rape probably occurred and He only saw her as his possession while Snow only saw her as her playmate. Something inside her snapped and that's when she started learning dark magic. And she learns of a curse that turn's people's hearts. So basically the people that once loved him will hate him so deeply that they'll want him dead.

=¥=

The sickening sensation of nails scraping across damp bricks shivers throughout her body as her pale hand runs along the walls of the castle; Dipping into every curve and crevice that the wall hid in the darkness. Her bare feet lightly touching the cold stone of the floor, sending chills up her spine, as she makes her way down the corridor. Her feet aliening perfectly in front of the other with each step.

Regina's body swayed slightly as she hums a sickly sweet tune. An psychotic grin tugging at the corner of her crimson lips, the moonlight refracting on half of her face while the other side was shrouded in darkness. The metallic scent of blood still clinging to her body, the fragrant bursting from her movements. After all, Shattered Hearts was not an easy spell to cast, nor was it one for the weak of heart. Regina's body lurches forward slightly as a demented giggle racks her entire body; Her hand not touching the wall comes to rest on her stomach as she laughs, throwing her head back as she chortles in pure glee. A pang in her side as she laughs, feeling pity for the poor souls who had fallen for her vengeance.

She wipes a delighted tear from her brown orbs, shaking her amusement off and continuing on her way. After a few more steps she reaches her destination; The king's chambers.

Regina's angular hands press against the rough wood of Leopold's bedroom door, pushing the unlocked and unguarded door open with a irritating creak. She had to suppress a laugh at the lack of knights at his door; They where preparing for a somewhat of a revolution. Gracefully she sweeps across the stone floor like the reaper of death ascending on its prey. Her hands tenderly slip across the dark and glossy wood of his bedpost, travailing along the white cotton sheets of his bed; Which he happened to be wrapped up in.

Bile builds in the back of her throat at the sight of him, threatening to spew. The only thing keeping it down was the fact his demise would be soon. Oh, Revenge is sweet. She suppresses the anger and disgust, gathering her dark green velvet dress in her hands so she might sit on the edge of his bed. Her weight causing the bed to indent until she deiced to rise. The sudden shift of the plush bed made the king stir, rolling over in his bed to face her. His black eyes peeling open to gaze at her, "Wife?" He mumbles groggily. His lack of use of her name making a twinge of pique stab her in the side. A possession was all she was to him; A plaything for him to torture when he pleased.

Regina brings her finger to her lips, shushing him quietly, "Hush now, dear husband, it'll start soon, and we don't want them to find you so soon." She hums in a regal tone, her hands falling to lace in her lap. "What do you speak of?" He demanded through a thin veil of sleep, sitting up in his bed. Leopold turns and lights on single candle by his bed, lifting his kingly crown from its resting place on a red velvet pillow that sat right next to the candle he had just lit. He sets the golden symbol of power on his head before turning to speak to her again. Regina had to refrain from rolling her eyes at this action; One would never see him without it on in his awaking hours, and it was because he was most definitely compensation for something.