We'll go from there

A/N: Hello!

Because you already know your girl loves musical, this one shot is based off of, "We'll Go From There." From Anastasia the musical.

Robin and Regina are both King and Queen of their own separate kingdoms. The two were once engaged when they were young, then their parents got into a massive fight and they broke it off. Unfortunately, for the two they had fallen in love with each other in their time together before being ripped apart. They were both married off to other people, however their love still remained. Both of their spouses died and they are meeting for the first time since they were young. Neither knows how the other feels and they are very anxious.

Yes, they are much older than when they met. They met when Robin was 18 and Regina was 16. He is now 49 and she is 47 (Which is not that old if we're being honest, but you know whatever. I didn't want to make them too old.)

=£=

Robin's shoes slap loudly against the cool tile of the as he rushes down the castle hall. His hands by his side, wiping the anxious sweat from his palms on the cloth covering his thighs. "I hope Regina's happy to see me." He says sheepishly, smiling giddily as his head turn s to look at his best friend. Who was accompanying him on his journey.  "Be honest Robin, how could she not be?" Will chuckles, elbowing the king's side.

Robin bites the inside of his bottom lip, letting out a short and apprehensive snort. "I don't know, it has been awhile. We got married to different people... Maybe she fell in love with him? 31 years is a long time be in love with someone, especially if you haven't seen them at all in that time period." He cautioned as the two turn the corner.

"Love doesn't just go away, Robin... And, you two had a great one." Will added. "Besides, Not like you can't rekindle if it turned to embers."

Robin nodded, his expression serious for a few moments as he thinks before cracking into a humored smirk. "I may have gotten... Bigger." He jokes, patting his stomach, it was not as firm as it once was. Years of beer and barely any time for exerciser will do that to a person. "However, maybe that won't matter." He chorused. Will shrugged his shoulders, making a nose to signal that it was iffy before snorting with laughter.

Robin shoves his friend before they quickly decline down a flight of stairs. "Bottom line," He starts. "I'll win her over... We'll do some reminiscing-"

"She'll see what she's been missing." Will jests, cutting him off. A playful smirk on the lean man's lips.

"-Over wine and dinner." Robin finishes his previous sentence as he rolls his eyes at Will. "And, I know I've grown a tiny bit grey." He sighed, looking at the grey hair that threaded through his sandy blonde... That took over more of his original color than he'd like to admit, in a passing mirror.  He brushes it off and points out, "Some women say I look more distinguished this way."

"When we get there I'll bow as if I'm still a frisky young pup, take her hand and place a kiss."

"Let's hope you can straighten up." Will piped, cackling with good-humored laughter, halting his movements. Robin stops and glares at his old friends, "You aren't much of a help, William." He snaps, grabbing him by the wrist and dragging him hurriedly. "Now come, we can't be late. We must hurry to the carriage."

The two quit the cheerful and comical chatter as they rush through the castle. Dodging through corridors and past servants. Flying down staircases and past empty rooms. Their pace only slowing as they near the front entrance of the  castle. The cough and straighten their clothes, only just realizing their actions weren't very royal.

"But hey," Will says as stride over the carriage. The footman opening the door, Robin got in first and sat on the right bench.  "If she says no, we'll all lay low. Maybe meet some young damsels in town." He winks jokingly as they hop into the carriage. His words earning him a kick in the shin as the door is closed and the wooden carriage starts to jostle. Setting out on a path of excitement and trepidation.

=(Three days later)=

The door to Regina's dressing room flies open as Tinkerbell scurries in. The blonde moving over to the queen's side as handmaids struggle to tighten her corset. A off-white letter in her hands "I just received word that King Robin's carriage is almost here... How are you feeling?" She asks.

Regina gasps as a brunette servant pulls the cords of her lace corset a little too tight. Her nails digging into the wood that framed the mirror in front of her. "My hands are shaking, my heart is thundering." Regina blurted, her head turning to look at her oldest friend. "I hope he's happy to meet the royal mess." She grunts as her corset is finally tied.

Regina steps off the platform she was just on, lifting her arms over her head as her handmaids scramble to pull her dress over her head. The dark red fabric of her dress falling around her frame, she tugs on it slightly so it fits her just right.

She had had this dress made just for this occasion, desperately hoping it said 'I still love you and want you badly' but not too openly. The dress held her body snugly, accentuating her curves in just the right way. Cupping her breasts and revealing the perfect amount of cleavage. Regina gulps and grasps the flowing skirt of the dress, lifting it up so she may step into her dark heels.
Regina spun around and looked at herself in the full-length mirror built into her wall. "Start smiling. Stop wondering why I said yes." She breaths under her breath to herself. Her perfectly painted lips tugging into an anxious smile.

She feels a hand on hers and she turns to see Tink, who was smiling at her. "Come on, we better get down to the front before they get here."

Regina nods and allows Tink to lead the way. One hand in her friend's and the other grasping the fabric of her dress so she could hurry without tripping.

"This chance Is all I've got, My last hope for happiness, " Regina bites her lip. "So why am I so nervous? I need to get a grip and take a deep breath and soon, we'll know what's what." She says, some of her dark hair brushing her cheek. Her ebony locks pulled into a half-up half-down style. Her hair once a uninterrupted sea of ravenous silk, now threaded with grey strands.

"Regina," Tink giggles. "Of course you're nervous! He's your soulmate! And, you haven't seen him in ages. Don't worry, just meet him and the rewards will flow. Like a happy rest of your life." Tink winks as they move through the hallways of her castle.

The two make it two the front entrance with ease, the double doors still closed. Tink moved over to wall, so not to interrupt Robin's first view of her in 31 years. Regina gulped and looked at her best friend, "What if he's not impressed with the older me?" She bleats fearfully. Tink snorts, "Then he's an idiot." the petite woman says softly, reassuring her best friend.

"My hands are shaking. My heart thundering." Regina says, not really speaking to anyone but herself. She takes a deep breath, "Start smiling. Stop wondering." She reminds herself.
"No more doubt. No time to spare. He's nearly here." Regina says just as the trumpets ring to sound the arrive of a fellow monarch. Her brown orbs widen and she inhale sharply. The two large doors in front of her creaking as they crack open slowly. A sliver of light showing through,  steadily allowing more and more rays of sun to slip through until she fully engulfed in the sun's light.

It took her eyes a moment to adjust to the new light, but once they did brown orbs fall into familiar blue. wide-eyed as she looked at her beloved, her heart jumping and bursting with so many emotions she couldn't name them all. However she could sum them all up with one word: Love.

"Hi." He grins, his words coming out goofily and giddy.

"Hi" She breaths, an uncontrollable smile on her lips.

=£=

A/N: Boop boop boopity boop boop

Part 2????
Yes?? No?? I'm gonna do it anyways.

Anywho, don't forget to comment and vote. Feel free to share with a friend.